Friday, October 22, 2010

Antsy Pants

Just call me Miss Antsy Pants today!

I can't sit still. OOh, I should drink this water. Anyway, yeah, I am having major pre-race jitters. Maybe "butterflies" is more appropriate. I'm not sure if I'm just nervous or excited. I have put major pressure on myself, so now of course I'm second guessing everything. Last night I ran just over a mile before going home. It felt pretty good - but I still had mental visions of the pain I was in for my last two runs.  I'm sure the race day adrenaline will kick in and I'll be fine.

I just really want to PR. I feel like my running has improved a lot since I set my last PR in May, and setting a new one seems like it is within my grasp. The course looks about as flat as you can get in Oregon, so at least I have that working in my favor. Perhaps I am feeling concerned about running in my costume. Word on the street is that it will be rainy tomorrow. And I'll be out there in my running skirt, sports bra, and Halloween costume. Last time I checked, Halloween costumes aren't really moisture wicking, anti-chafing, pro-racing articles of clothing. But I know if I don't run in my costume I'll regret it later.  

Oh yes, and then there is my make-up. My plan is for blood red lips, or even a hint on the darker side of blood red. And my eyes.... since I'm not going to have the full make-up I wore the first time through (no blood on my wrists or smudges on my fingers), I figure I have to really work the black eye shadow. Oh black eyeshadow, how I've missed you. Did you know I went through a goth period?? It still tries to come out when I go out to bars - which is really mostly just in Vegas.

Okay not Goth goth like all emo and oversized pants with a lot of buckles and zippers. More like smiley blond girl with short skirts with subtle skulls on chains,  and knee socks, and my trusty black eye shadow. Who am I kidding? I still dress like that at work during the winter.

You see how I've gone all over the place here? That's been my mind all day. I'm officially in the peak of my pre-race spaz session that I always go through.  This was going to possibly be my last 5K before the 1/2 marathon.... but that's changed.  The hot Chilean sushi date was supposed to race with me tomorrow, but that fell through due to unforeseen work obligations. So I told him he would have to do the next one - and he agreed! Now I'm eye-balling a Christmas themed race and one that starts at midnight on New Year's Eve. I'm itching for a night race, so that one seems perfect!

And then there are the leg sleeves. I'm going to the running store tomorrow to get some. I really, really hope they have them - but the Zensah website said they did, so I'm trusting it. PLUS it looks like maybe they sell some Prefontaine stuff at that store?? OMG I hope so!  On the way home, this is not going to be a shocker, I'm taking my mom to Pre's Rock.

Um.... I lost my train of thought.



4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the costume on race day!! Have a great race and enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see pics and read all about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. * BREATHE *
    LOL. I have no doubt you will have a fantastic run. If all else fails, just imagine you're being chased by hoards of zombies!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear how it went... thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº