Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bursting with Excitement!!

  • My bloody shoe looks almost normal now - with just a hint of blood... left to remind me that I am officially hard core!
  • I just saw there is a Goonie's 25th anniversary DVD coming out. Hot diggity dog am I excited!  This really is THE Best movie of all time, with Silence of the Lambs just a hair behind it.
  • Yesterday I paid off my hotel balance for my Walt Disney World vacation that is just over 3 weeks away!!! ºoº
  • Two weeks from today I'll be pulling out my coconut bra and heading up to Portland for my first Jimmy Buffett concert. This is a dream come true. I never imagined I'd have the opportunity to see The Man in person - and now it is merely days away. The only way to top this is to have Howie Mandel as the opening act.

    • I have had a crush on Howie since .... oh.... 1997. I miss his curly locks. I've seen him 3 times, and cried like a girl crying over the New Kids on the Block the first time I saw him in Vegas. He's so dreamy!

  • Next week I might be brave and chop off a whole 3" of hair from my head. Might being the key word here. The more I run, the more I sweat, the more I hate my hair when I'm done and it is sticking to my back. But I am a long hair girl, I can't actually chop it off.
  • Friday night I am going to try sushi for the first time. I'm not gonna lie .... I'm really nervous about it!
  • Um, yeah, apparently my mom and a facebook friend were doing some matchmaking last night and trying to set me up with some 28 year old guy (the friend's son) that I don't know.  I am 31 and 11/12. This makes me feel ancient. I feel an arranged marriage is just around the corner. That's not part of my life plan for the next year.
  • And Glee is on tonight! That's always a reason for some excitement.

    • Unfortunately it looks like the Rocky Horror episode of Glee will be on the same night I'm fulfilling my Parrothead dream with Jimmy Buffett. :(

14 comments:

  1. Many of the best nights of my life were at Jimmy Buffet concerts... I think I've been to at least 5 or 6. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being excited! You can always dvr or tape the episode of glee you'll be missing. And I say go on the date. If it sucks, then you don't have to see him again. But who knows, he could be the man of your dreams. Age ain't nothing but a number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yay for battle scars!
    2. Goonies rocks!!
    3. Hurrah for vacation!
    4. I. LOVE. NKOTB. (But I don't cry over them, lol)
    5. I always had long hair and finally cut it for good about 4 years ago. So much easier to manage :D
    6. I'm scared to freakin' death of sushi
    7. Matchmaking... I am 32 (and 5/12) and my boyfriend is... much younger. He is turning 25 this year, LOL!! Age is just a number, all about how you feel!
    8. LOVE GLEE!! I won't get a chance to watch until tomorrow though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear about the blood coming mostly out!

    Sushi is awesome.

    Go on the date, maybe he's a mature 28!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sushi. Yum! And hair...I chopped all mine off. It's the only area of my life that I'm impulsive! And go on the date...have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a BLAST at Jimmy Buffett!!! I've seen him 6 times, and have been a Parrothead since I was in kindergarten. You will enjoy every minute of the show!
    Fins up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goonies and sushi and Howie?!? All favourite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, first of all, good luck with the whole arranged marriage thing... you never know, you may end up falling in love after you're married ;)

    second of all, I thought GLEE was awesomely amazing tonight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glee had me in tears!!
    I just want my own little Kurt that I can carry around with me in a cute little tote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goonies is one of my faves too. I'll have to get that DVD. Have you tried running with two ponytails - to keep it out of the middle of your back?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have never tried sushi?

    I guess everyone has a first time. I must say I have no idea what the Goonies are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone please come pick me up! I just fell out of my chair.

    No idea about the Gonnies?? It is a fabulous 25 year old movie filmed here in beautiful Oregon starring Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Cory Feldmen, Martha Plimpton ..... kids going on a little pirate/treasure hunting adventure. It is a classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I totally have the Goonies on DVD:) My daughter loves that movie too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº