Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wasted Away Again in the Science-Fiction Double-Feature

  • In only 3 days I'll be at the Jimmy Buffett concert. I am FREAKING OUT!! I am so dang excited. I already warned my "date" that there is a high possibility of me squealing like a girl when Jimmy comes out. My "date" is one of my mom's old school classmates. Basically, seeing as I am a little fruit fly and am drawn to them like a magnet .... I kind of stole my mom's friend. I can't help it, I love my gays!
  • I did have another date last week! This time it wasn't sushi. Instead he cooked food at his house - mainly little dishes for me to sample. All went down okay, except for the grilled jalapeño pepper with cheddar cheese baked into it. And would anybody be surprised to hear we watched Without Limits? At least my Prefontaine obsession came out very early in our friendship!
  • I am watching/acting the Rocky Horror Picture Show right now. Tim Curry is amazing. I have every single line of this movie memorized. I'm actually working up quite a sweat with my one woman show. A lot of singing and dancing. My pets aren't really being a supportive audience either. Pft. They don't know true talent OBVIOUSLY! 
  • I've tested out this year's Halloween costume, looks like it is coming together nicely! I'm not sure about the Bump-It. I did give in and buy one - and I swear to you the customer in line in front of me saw it and laughed - but I don't know how to use it. I need Snooki to come meet me in Florida and help me!
  • And I also did a test "run" in my house with my costume for Saturday's 5K race. I think if I just stay focused and ignore my clothes, I'll run just fine. I know the belt will slide up and in normal life that would drive me nuts. Saturday I will ignore it because I am running for that PR!
  • Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!
  • I'm working on my 2nd posting of my Waverly Hills Sanatorium trip. I expect it will be posted tomorrow!
  • I must leave now to go drink something and get back to the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
  • Oh, and I am currently starting to pack for my vacation. YESSSSS!!!!!  ºoº

4 comments:

  1. i don't know if you watch Glee, but they are doing Rocky Horror for their episode this week. Also...love your Princess half widget. We are doing that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I watch it every Halloween with a group of crazy friends - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rene' - I totally DO watch Glee! I'm so happy the RHPS episode isn't on this week. My Jimmy Buffett concert is on Glee night. I thought I was going to miss that episode at first. Phew! Close call!

    @Raegun - we did the Time Warp at Grad Night lip sync contest (I was Columbia 'cause she's the coolest) ... we took 3rd place... $125! Not bad at all! Crazy friends that appreciate RHPS are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sushi... then cheese stuffed jalapenos... move over, I want to date this guy... oh wait... I'm married, and have 3 kids, and live on the other side of the country... maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº