Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's So Close!! aka Why You Should Hate Me

I have eleven days of work left. I am missing 2 half days to go to and come home from the Jimmy Buffett concert. So 11 days... at the conclusion of day 11 I am in my car heading north to Portland, picking up my companions along the way.  Once 5 o'clock hits I am on vacation! 

Two weeks ago I paid the remaining balance on our hotel (Pop Century for those of you just itching to know, because you really DO care, right??).  The only thing left to pay for is our rental car once I return it, and those pesky baggage fees. LAME!  I love going into a long vacation knowing that basically everything is paid for! WAIT - Kennedy Space Center, we didn't pre-purchase those tickets, so add that to the total that we owe.

How much does it cost to have a vacation starting October 28th at 5pm and continuing until November 8th at 7pm-ish?  Per person .... $898.00.  This is why you should hate me. I'd hate me. Well no, not hate. Hate is way to strong of a word. But I just think maybe it isn't fair? 

$898 includes:  hotel in Portland, airfare to and from Orlando, rental car, admission to Islands of Adventure, tickets PLUS Express Passes for Halloween Horror Nights, tickets to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and our WDW hotel ... and Pop Century, if you missed it the first time. ;)  We like that cheesy little hotel 'cause we consider it to be our summer camp. We have been known to walk around in pajamas to the food court, run around screaming "CANDY" (even though I don't even eat it), and then there is that whole Bohemian Rhapsody performance that really wowed the crowed! 

So all of that fun for $898. Ooh, that includes park hopper passes every day. It pays (or rather, it Saves!) to have connections!

Thank goodness I'll spend less $$$ for my February trip when it is Princess 1/2 marathon time because I won't have the hook-up for the Labor Day Disneyland trip. Dang it, I'll actually have to pay full price like the rest of the world. Shucks. Not fair!

Okay, so that is my obligatory "I'm super excited for vacation" post. No more. I promise. I promise to try to not post anymore.

My previous trip to WDW - March 2010.
***Side note:  I WILL be bringing my running shoes to Disney World with me, so I won't become a slacker. Plus I'll be eating so much at the Food & Wine Festival that I'll HAVE to run! And I won't be on the world wide web, which means I'll sadly be unable to keep up on reading every one's blogs. I apologize in advance - I promise I'm not being snobby on purpose!***

8 comments:

  1. great post ... people will be chanting "Pre, Pre, Pre" when you job by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, I'm mostly jealous of the food and wine festival! *Drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its ok to brag about Disney trips. :) I'll be there in December because we also got an amazing deal on hotel, airfare, etc. I can't wait! Although I'm a disney freak and I'm also planning my next trip. Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I don't hate...I'm just UBER jealous! Have a great time and enjoy Food & Wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great vacation!! Can't wait to hear all about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacations are always way too fun all the way around. Hope you have a blast and look forward to hearing how great it was. :O) (Yay for February vacations...I'm trying to plan one, we'll see if it pans out.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I want to plan a trip to WDW for my fam, you are hooking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm super jealous!! Have a fabulous time! And I love Pop Century!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº