Saturday, October 9, 2010

Let Me Entertain You....

Let me make you smile, 
Let me a few tricks,
Some old and some new tricks,
I'm very versatile....
.... at least so says hmb!

So now that I am Versatile, I get to share 7 things about myself!

  1. I tried sushi last night for the first time ever. The taste was not bad. I liked the edamame best, and sampled 3 flavors of sake. My only issue was with the strange textures and the size of a bite was bigger than my mouth wanted to handle. Oh, and it was just vegetarian sushi. No eel or other creepy little animals in my food. The company, for those of you that read yesterday's blog, was excellent!  ;)
  2. I have been using the same Excel spreadsheet to help pack for vacations since I created it in 2005. I organize by tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories, bathroom things and miscellaneous. I work on it for weeks or longer, then print and actually check off the boxes after things are packed. Obsessive compulsive much??
  3. I am pretty sure I died in a past life by drowning. This might have something to do with my Titanic obsession. Not just an obsession with the movie, but with all things Titanic related. When that movie came out it was heaven for me .... suddenly even more documentaries on TV all the time. I won't even tell you how many DVDs I have on the Titanic. Or books. Or souvenirs. .... I do have a piece of coal from the ship. That's pretty darn cool!
  4. I am a very proud graduate of Oregon State University. I was sort of a football groupie, if you will. Not groupie like rock star groupies though - I'm a good girl, sheesh!  Some football players I went to school with:  Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). Never did meet him or anything, but certainly cheered for him at every home game!  TJ Houshmandzadeh - softest hands EVER. I couldn't believe it! They were softer than mine. I met him once, and shook his hand. I think I may have accidentally fondled it a little too long. He was really cool though. And little Nick Barnett. Freaks me out that he is a big name for Green Bay now. When I first met him he was the obnoxious little freshman living on my floor in the dorm. Drove me nuts in a pesky little kid type way. But then we had photography together and he ended up being absolutely hysterical. He was a DJ at a bar we'd go to sometimes - he wasn't even 21 yet.  And now he is old. Sigh.
  5. When I race I ALWAYS play Usher's Yeah. Always in time with the music, no matter how many people are around, I smack my ass at the right part of the song. Left. Right. Left. Right.  I feel it helps. It is REALLY hard to suppress the jazz hands sometimes, but I do my best to try!
  6. In the 6th grade I wrote an essay about Eli Whitney at the cotton gin. It must have good... it won me a trip to OMSI to meet Harrison Schmitt - an astronaut on the final Apollo mission to the moon. I've been a space geek ever since. (3 weeks from today I'll be at the Kennedy Space Center!)
  7. I always have female pets. The only exception was my step-brother, Bubba. He was an Old English Sheepdog that lived to be 19 years old. He was so sweet. But yeah, I always have female pets. I'm too scared to cuddle with a boy dog and want to spoon and pet a little tummy, and then accidentally touch his.... ugh, I can't even say it.

I think I'm supposed to tag people, but I am super tired after last night's sushi date, so I'm going to let you decide if you are also versatile and wanting to share 7 things about yourself with the blogosphere!
Thanks, HMB!!

No longer a sushi virgin!


Coming up next on this blog.... a visit to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium!

2 comments:

  1. Love the space info! A space geek because of Eli Whitney? Who would think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are braver than me to try sushi - I hate packing, maybe I need your spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº