Thursday, October 7, 2010

Three Things Thursday - October Edition

  1. Is there ever a point at which non-runners will stop telling us how to run, that we run too slow, that we don't run far enough, that we need better shoes, yada yada yada??? I stopped counting how many people and how many times I've heard all the negativity regarding running. What's with that anyway? Even before I was runner I always admired the determination, endurance, strength, speed, etc... of people that run. I guess I just don't get why everybody else, who hasn't run more than what they were forced to in school, is an expert and I, the one who goes out at least every other day and races at least once a month, know absolutely nothing. Arg!    
  2. One time in the 6th grade my teacher came up to my desk, leaned over, and quietly said, "Ronda, at 2:00 (okay, so I guessed on the time), will you please go to Ms. Conan's classroom?"  I said, "Okay?"  Well I never did go. He never told me why I was supposed to go. When the clock struck 2:00 he never said anything. To this day, decades later, I have no idea why I was supposed to go to the classroom next door. I suppose if I tracked down that teacher he probably wouldn't remember. 
  3. Halloween is in the air!! I LOVE IT! Once September 28th hits I consider it Halloween season. It won't end until the morning of November 2nd. I love the costumes. I love the colors. I love the scary movies on television. I LOVE Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. I love to be so scared that I am screaming and running trying to get away! I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. I love to dress up. I love the feeling in the air - the crisp leaves, the not cold/not warm weather. I am just so darn happy! YAY!

 ***Thanks to all of you for the positive feedback on my last post about my speed! The more I think about it, I believe that I am not a naturally gifted runner, obviously. I almost feel like I'm fighting nature in my quest to be a runner. I think I was overly absorbing the stats of people that say they have never run before, and are already running at those crazy fast speeds. We're all different, and I have to just compare my performance to my own performance.   ....now let's try to remind me of that on race day when my competitive streak comes out. Good thing right now I just compete against myself!***

Here's a random photo from Vegas, just because! I have "rum tongue"!

1 comment:

  1. Weird about the teacher thing. Now I want to know why you were suppposed to go to the other classroom at 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº