Saturday, November 20, 2010

EEK!!!! aka BEST. RACE. DAY. EVER. !!!!

OMG you guys!! I can't even blog it. 
Okay, seriously. No really, I don't know where to start. Let us just consider this the preview.

Basically, I have been so congested I could hardly breathe. Before today I had only run 3 times in November, for a grand total of about oh, 4 miles? On a whim I signed up for a 5K. Expecting to have a potential all time high "score" (today was the day I could NOT find any of the correct words!)... instead?

A NEW PR!!

And not just that, but my goal of running sub 10 minute miles on average? I totally achieved that goal, too!

AND I met up with some fellow bloggers, Sushi Guy, an old boyfriend from 9th grade, and another old friend. Overall a FABULOUS day!

The full blog with photos will come tomorrow!  

p.s. I had some quality time with Prefontaine today too.  You know how people see Jesus in their food? I swear to you I saw Pre! I wish I was kidding. I mean I sadly think I stepped on his face? We'll cover that in tomorrow's post!

My first blogger meet up! YAY! And of course I look like a boob! :)

7 comments:

  1. LOL! You do NOT look like a boob! I DO!!!!
    Congrats on your congested super PR!
    I missed you after the race. Saw you sitting across the finish line, but - I don't know what happened! I think I had a brain meltdown after seeing Kim come in. You rocked the 5K! Can't wait to read the rest :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I saw you - but then I was babbling and on a high after shocking myself with my time. So I was oblivious to everything. I did see Kim cross though - she looked so smooth when she did it!

    Don't worry - I have a non-"boob" picture for the real blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooot !!!! Congrats on the new PR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! sometimes when you go out fresh it's amazing what you can do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm....I wonder who finished after everyone else? So much fun to meet you. Can't wait for your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on a new PR sounds like you tore it up out there - Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay you!! Can't wait to read the full recap!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº