Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Back!!

I'm too tired for an actual post, so I'll have a little bit of random babble here! I know, bullet points! They are always fun....
  • My vacation was Awesome!! So much fun. We all got along the entire time. I had the BEST birthday of my entire life. I got to see Boyz II Men (anybody know what happened to the 4th member?). I didn't sleep much, and I'm still exhausted.
  • We were locked out of our hotel room FOUR nights in a row! I can't even describe how we felt. Super long days, all we wanted was to crash on our beds, and then we couldn't open the door. After the 4th night (why did it take four before something happened??) we were given our choice of a new room in any section of the resort, and credited a night back to our account. Our room upgrade was great! Ground floor, quiet location, close to the main building with the food court and shopping. 
  • When I tried to return the rental car I went the wrong way and was heading to Tampa - this is after almost being at the airport. One wrong turn can apparently be a huge mistake! At least that was the only time I cried on vacation. Nothing like seeing the sun rise in your rear view mirror when you think you're going East!
  • I set my alarm for 3am to register for the Hippie Chick and the internet connection wouldn't work. Ugh. I really wanted to do that race! .......... BUT after my friend got me at the airport when I did get there with the rental car, he let me use his fancy pants phone - and now I AM registered for the Hippie Chick 1/4 marathon after all. Phew! Oh happy day!!
  • My pets were very happy to see me last night, and I was probably even happier to see them! For a while this morning all 3 of us were cuddling in my bed together. It was wonderful!
  • Three and a half months until I head back to Florida ..... and that means 3.5 months for some of YOU to head to Florida! I can't believe that it is pretty much time to get this running thing into high gear and officially start training for my very first half marathon! Exciting!!
Okay, that is enough for now. I have tons to get done. And I don't even want to tell you how many blog entries I'm behind on reading. I promise I'm not being snobby! I really am trying to get caught up and see what you have all been up to!

(I haven't downloading photos from my actual camera yet. Maybe I will tonight or tomorrow. I imagine a photo blog/blogs will be on the way!)



8 comments:

  1. I wondered if you got in to Hippie Chick! Yay! It didn't sell out the same day, so we didn't have to get up in the middle of the night. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it would have sold out if I had just continued to sleep! My luck is that way sometimes. I feel relieved, and happy that it is all set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great trip! Hope it was all you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!

    This is a Prefontaine-ish adventure!!!!

    You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the 4th member left the group because of an illness... think it was pain from scoliosis.

    Glad to have you back!!!!

    And I can't wait to see you in 3.5 months!!! Now who else can we convince to come?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great trip and birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back. The princess half is right around the corner:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº