Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In Honor of Harry Potter

I wanted to blog, but my head is so stuffy I can't even think. So I thought we'd have another photo blog from my vacation.... in honor of the new Harry Potter movie coming out this week. 

Today's topic ... Islands of Adventure! I bought the first 6 Harry Potter movies just so I could watch and study before our trip. I didn't want to get there and not be able to fully appreciate everything around me. Who knew I'd be the one flipping out over how cool it was and begging my friends to get me my own robe?? (Nobody bought it for me, but Christmas is coming up ... hint hint!) This was our longest day. Up, showered, stop at the food court for a bagel, driving through tourist traffic, parked and at Universal by 8:30am. We got back to our hotel room and in bed at 1:30am the next morning!

We were so excited and feeling fresh at this point!
We made it!

Jessica & Ryan being total tourists!

I was just so happy to be back here after so many years!

Yay! I'm here - time to spaz and want to BE Harry Potter!
Mmm, Butterbeer! If you go you MUST try it! And why not splurge and get it in the cute little souvenir mug? You also get a choice of frosted or regular ... I opted for frosted. I sampled both, and I preferred it this way. It had a very smooth taste to it. Contrary to the name, there is NO alcohol in it. It tastes like cream soda and butterscotch, with the occasional hint of root beer. It was very yummy! PLUS, it really begs for you to make a foam mustache. Am I right? Or am I right??
One of only 3 group photos from our entire trip. Heading to Hogwarts for our very first time!!
Christmas present idea?

And finally, just Hogwarts! It really is massive. We could see it from I-4 on our drive there. The queue line itself was just fascinating. Really an amazing ride. I would have enjoyed it even if I hadn't done all the studying before my trip. If you have a chance, GO!! But hit it first thing before the crowds get there for sure. We even had to wait in line just to go into a store!

5 comments:

  1. That place looks AWESOME! I so need to go there someday. I LOVE the Harry Potter movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo need to get there soon! I've been a Harry Potter addict since I started reading the books. Tomorrow my friends and I are going to a 7.5 hour event leading up to the premiere at midnight. Crazy, I know! :) Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely random, but I need to borrow that headband for the Princess half!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally doing this after the Princess half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked your day at Universal and the world of harry potter. So nice to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº