Monday, November 15, 2010

Someone Went Shopping

After my week in Florida and then returning to Oregon to find myself freezing all the time I realized I have to adjust my running clothes. I've been wearing knee high socks every single day to work, and bringing out all sorts of sweaters and jackets. Um, yeah, it is still in the 50's here I think. So basically, I am admitting that it seems this winter I am a total wimp.

However, being a weather weenie doesn't fit into my schedule when finally I get to get really serious about this Princess 1/2 Marathon coming up. So, what did I do to resolve my cold weather issues?? I went shopping!

Being delivered to me this week are some Zensah arm sleeves and Zensah 3/4 length capris. I am so excited!! I've been hearing this Zensah name ever since I started reading all the running blogs, and now finally I'll have some of their products! Last month I bought some Adidas leg sleeves, so I've got that covered. And my friend got me this awesome jacket to run in for my birthday, which puts me at 3 jackets. So while I'm sure I am still under-prepared in the clothing department, I do feel a little better. Fortunately the rain doesn't phase me. I mean if it did it would just be ridiculous to try to be a runner in Oregon, right?

I haven't run since my birthday morning - which was November 4th - so I am very happy to announce that today I will be going for a run after work. I'm still congested, but I think finally over my jet lag and ready to be a somewhat normal person again. Plus my legs just really want to MOVE! Woohoo!!

Just for fun photo - Halloween at the Hard Rock Cafe!


Oh. My. Gosh.
It really just hit me. I mean I knew it was going to happen. But for some reason the magnitude of it all just hit me. I'm seriously going to run a half-marathon in just over three months. Holy freaking cow!! I can't wait!!!!!


13 comments:

  1. sounds like you got some cool things! I am so jealous of your 50 degree winters. I must consider moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry Carly, it will get colder! But if I'm already whining and it is 55º, what the heck will I do in January??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing is that you won't sweat as much. If you wear the jacket OVER a base layer, sometimes you can get in a couple runs before you have to wash it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for new clothes. I got a new sports bra, long sleeved shirt, and running jacket at Target this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture! And I love that you ordered Zensah! I'm a huge fan of their products! I'm soooo psyched for Princess half! We will have to meet up at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't apply for your wussy card yet - here in Texas - 70 is cold. I have two space heaters and wear arm warmers in my office all the time.

    And I went shopping today for my first half this Saturday - a cotton skirt to hide my big ole booty in my compression tights.

    Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New running gear is a great motivator - you'll be looking good as you training:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, a half marathon, and you will rule, and you will be the Queen of the day (not princess... Queen!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't run since my race either! Hope you get your evening run in...maybe I will do one tomorrow. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! New running gear is always fun. I'm in the same boat - trying to find cold weather gear. I look forward to hearing about how you like the arm sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI! Your blog is so cute!!

    I was told to encourage you to run the EWEB 5K this weekend :) Hope to see you there!!

    Gonna have to check out zensah now =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, ERG .... I am actually just about to register! See you all there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have to meet up there! Even though it'll be my second race, I'm super nervous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº