Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A TSA Story from One of Us

I do not know this blog author. I've never read her blog before. But I feel like she is one of us. Granted I am not a mom, but I hope to be some day. I know a lot of you are. And she is a runner ... raise your hand if you are, too? That's what I thought!

I just stumbled on this post of hers and wanted to share her story. She is a mom that was traveling to Texas to run a half-marathon when she found herself caught off guard and getting way more of a pat-down than I think any of us really want. I can handle the basics. I've gone to places before where it is just standard procedure to get the general pat down before entering. But this is too far. When they touch you in places I'm not even mature enough to say? Well that's pretty sad.

So anyway, check it out if you want to. It will be interesting to see how all of this new TSA nonsense turns out.
TSA Sexual Assault by Erin - a mommy blogger.

3 comments:

  1. I'd heard a little buzz about "new screening process" but thought people meant the "naked cameras". I don't like being touched by strangers (does anyone?) and this would freak me out. But she comes off a little hysterical by calling it sexual assault. I would complain too - but not call a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time with a lawyer. But you know I'd blog about it and whine like crazy to my mom. Sorry, but I'm not going to shove a bomb up my girly bits. And I have no boobs to hide anything amongst. I just think I'd feel so embarrassed. And it would stress me so much that I know I'd end up crying in the bathroom after. I am a bundle of nerves at the airport as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! This is crazy. Thanks for the post. Glad to have found your blog. I'm still trying to figure out where you live...have to get caught up on your blog. I'm thinking you're in Oregon. Me too! Good luck at your race this weekend. I'll also be running the Hippie Chick this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº