Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Catching Up!

Before I left for Disney World at the very end of October I was completely caught up on everyone's blogs. It felt so good to not have any left behind that I couldn't get to.  It is now December and I am still trying to get caught up and back to having minimal posts left to read. I am happy to report that as of right now I only have 66 posts to read and comment on! It was in the 300s, so I feel like I'm almost up to speed with what all of you are doing in your lives. Yay!

I didn't run this morning like I planned. I figured it wouldn't hurt to sleep an extra hour and let my legs have all day at work to get over whatever issue is plaguing the right leg. I do feel better (not perfect), so maybe that was a good idea. Tonight I'm having dinner with  my mommy and step-dad at the Country Club, then I'll be doing a short, easy test run in Saturday's race outfit.

I'm not sure of my game plan for Saturday (but I AM picking up Sushi Guy on the way, and he's been there for two PRs!). I really want to break 30 minutes. I was so close last time. But I don't know if I have it in me this week. And I really want an age group award. Last year this race looked small, and I would have placed in it had I ran it (well, had I been at the point I am in running now- which a year ago I was not.). So if you Eugene girls could please NOT race against me Saturday - and Laurie, I'm talking to you! - I would really appreciate it. ;) I am hoping for a small crowd with slow females in the 30 to 34 group. Or maybe I will finally win one of the random prizes that I never get. Well, that's not true. I won a gift certificate at the Skirt Chaser just for being number 1069 (feel free to giggle at my number, 'cause I totally did!) and I caught some socks that were thrown to the crowd. But I want more!! I run for the swag! I run for the bling! I want some damn bling, dammit!

Um, what else? I'm preparing to make myself part of Lesley's family at the Princess Half so I can be that girl that pops up in her totally pro-looking photos that her daddy takes!  And I bought new bathroom decor to give my tiny little nook a make-over. It is about to be all pink and girly, and kind of 1920's-ish. I think I will even repaint the ceiling and cabinet door, too! *That was a spontaneous idea that JUST came to me. I typed it, so now I must follow through!  I see that the Hippie Chick is all sold out - glad I registered when I did! And today I pre-ordered the Hippie Chick sweatshirt. The race sounds too cute, I couldn't pass up the sweatshirt to help memorialize my first quarter-marathon run. Yes, that's right - a quarter-marathon! And the Princess Half is 75% full .... so hurry up and register if you haven't! And I'm talking to YOU!!  ºoº


8 comments:

  1. Disney Half - Seriously part of my bucket list. I will make it there one day!
    I gave up on my blog list of unread when I got back from holidays and just started over ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at the Hippie Chick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on Saturday. Hopefully the crowd is full of lazy people who are there in the hopes of free hot chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No you aren't talking to me... I registered the second it opened! ;-)

    And my dad would be glad to take photos of you, if I can get him out of bed (fortunately, he IS an early riser, and I bet he'll be there). Gonna be FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hippie Chick sweatshirt? Where? Must find one!
    And, yes, I giggled at your number.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna see the bathroom stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes this weekend in your race! I would love to see you get an award :)!!!

    Looks like you get to have another blogger meetup at hippie chick. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, is sushi guy your boyfriend? What's the deal there? :)

    Good luck this weekend!!! I'll be racing with you in spirit! I'm would like to PR, but with the snow and conditions, I just will have to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº