Friday, December 17, 2010

Run #10 - Break of Dawn

I was just realizing that it was officially the "break of  dawn" at mile 3, and also at the same time those handsome boys of 'NSync sang "Keep dancin' all night long, until the break of dawn (break of dawn)". It was so fitting! I seriously love me some 'NSync, by the way. My first concert of theirs that I went to was in Washington at the Clark County Fair. I was in the third row. JC and I totally made eye contact. I swear! I won't continue on my 'NSync thing, you might get scared and click away. But seriously - if you could have seen our dorm bathroom. I had a private room, but shared a toilet and shower with the girl in the neighboring room. Floor to ceiling - 'NSync pictures from Teen Beat and the like. It was awesome!

Okay, so yes, I was running this MORNING! I drug my ass out of bed for an early morning run and it was awesome! It was 24º when I left my house for 3.5 miles. I ran pretty speedy, which I suspect is because I was trying to thaw out my tooshy. I have finally regained feeling in both cheeks. Yay!  My route took me down to the local park, the golf course, an old train that we used to play on when we were kids and back through my neighborhood a little bit. I felt really good. I did walk a tad up 2 hills, but I think I could have run them if I wasn't feeling like a weenie. 

This run was supposed to happen last night, but I was busy being Betty Crocker and trying to make cookies for my family Christmas tomorrow. I was spontaneously invited to a White Elephant party tonight, so I had to alter my baking/running schedule. FYI - I blame all of you out there that are making these cute Christmassy things and cooking all this stuff. I just did this to see if I could, and to try to be one of the cool kids. I think I may have failed miserably. The peanut butter cookies (not pictured) came out yummy. But the sugar cookies in the picture? I'm not so sure. **Note, a 32 year old female decorated this, NOT a first grader.**


One almost because obscene as I was decorating so I just kind of abandoned my thought process and quit decorating it. It jumps out at me in this picture a lot. I'm not going to point out which one. ;-)


Next up on my blog ... the ugly holiday sweater! I am creating two outfits around it - one for tonight, one for tomorrow's Christmas with the family. I'll just say that I will incorporate corny iconic elements, sequins, a skort and some crazy new knee socks! If only I had my old crimping iron!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! N'Sync, love them! (and I am way older than you, so it's way more embarrassing for me. And, wait for it, my secret crush was on Lance. Was he yours too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, eh?!? ;-) Surprisingly mine wasn't Lance. You'd think with my tight bond with the gays that he would have been my favorite! I was more of a Chris girl. I loved his pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave to attempt fancy Christmas cookies. Wow - you ran in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the poor red-tipped "snowman"... Trust me, no one cares how they look (mine don't look any better)... but as long as they taste good. I'd be glad to taste test them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr. cold run for Oregon! Great job getting out there. And I think your cookies are so cute...you're so cute! :) You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go - I still have to get my run in today and it isn't going to happen until the sun goes down. Is there an N'Sync song for that? ;) Come back and share a pic of the ugly sweater. I went to an ugly holiday sweater party last year and some people had paid like $200 for theirs...apparently the Good Will had been ransacked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes 'NSync! :) Do you have the Christmas CD??? Good stuff. I was just torturing my husband w/ it this morning. :)

    24 degrees!!! WOW!! Way to get out there and run in the freezing cold morning! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your old bathroom sounds like my daughter's bedroom. She has posters all over, but they are of Disney stars!

    Nice job getting up and running in the morning!

    We have been having a ugly Christmas sweater competition going on all week at work, it's so funnny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº