Sunday, December 26, 2010

Run #15 - Epic Fail

Ugh, why even bother recapping this pathetic excuse for a run? It was supposed to be 5 miles of glory - sending me to my highest mileage week ever. The entire run was a battle of body and mind. My mind wanted those 5 miles. My body was yelling at me to stop!!

1.75 miles and tons of walking later I was back at the house and throwing myself in the shower. Now I am enjoying the strange sensation, and yummy smell, of Tiger Balm. It actually feels pretty good. But alas, the run sucked. I couldn't run through the pain and risk making anything worse. Plus, it is race week and I don't want to be in terrible shape come 11:59pm on Friday night!

And that's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

  1. It's ok! Some runs are worse than others... and you're way ahead of me. I've been christmasing like crazy (and doing the sales after today -- no long run this weekend! Uh oh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up and you will KILL the NYE race - I know it!

    I had one of these the other day - couldn't even get past 1 mile and skipped my long run on Saturday - ugh!

    Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't beat yourself up....some runs are just bad for whatever reason. If they were all great, everyone would be a runner. Good luck on your race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº