Friday, December 10, 2010

Run #5 - Dress Rehearsal

Last night was my fifth run of official 1/2 marathon training. Since my leg has been bothering me I decided to just go easy and do one mile to test out a potential race day outfit.  I've been toying between two different skirts, and then various combinations of things under the skirt to keep me warm if need be. The issue here is my booty. With the pictured skirt it just has those little trunks underneath - like the cheerleaders did in high school. I mean my cheeks actually do peek out. And this concerns me about visible panty lines. I mean I NEVER have a line 'cause that's how I roll, but with this little built in granny panty I feel like I may have a line. Sure, it is just running, but fashion matters!!

But I really love this skirt! You can tell by the photo that I have a black blanket. What you can't see are the blood red walls. Black and red are my signature colors, yet I have never raced in them! Plus it is a Christmas run, so I thought maybe I could look like a little goth Christmas present!

That's right, I was recapping my run. Oops!  Well, since it was just one mile there isn't much to report. My leg didn't bother me really, but I also didn't give it much of a chance to. I did decide to run without arm sleeves. My shirt kept me plenty warm, plus it was really comfy. This is so corny -- to hopefully minimize any riding up on the little undies since I don't normally have riding up issues, I first put on my Zensah capris. THEN the skirt. I think it kind of worked having the undies on the outside! Whatever - TMI!  Once I got home I started thinking maybe I'd wear some SkirtSports shorties over the undies, yet under the skirt. That way nobody has to be flashed by my tooshie! WAIT! Would that distract the competition?? Should I go out there and "accidentally" flash everybody while I'm running?

Ugh, I have so much to think about. My spare room looks like a tornado came through with all of my running clothes thrown in every direction. But in the end I'll find the right, winning combo!

And that was my run. I DID run, right? OOOHH -- I have to share this! The quote of the week for me!  This comes from a guy standing in a big winter coat, on his front patio, about 7:30pm:
Hey! Are you goin' for beer? Or are you jogging in the rain on purpose?
 Loved it! Except ... um, I was RUNNING, dammit! ;)

8 comments:

  1. I love the plaid running skirts! I say wear it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you were running! Can't wait for your race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your booty hangs out, I am not running with you!!!!!!! ;-) Love the skirt though, and I did wonder how the capris went on... over or under the undies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful!

    You're always being propositioned by guys ... that's a sign you are choosing the right clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the funniest quote! Love the skirt by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Wear it with something under =D compression shorts?

    Too funny about the runningin the rain on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am digging that skirt! Must look for a pink plaid one!

    And hey - I always run so that I can drink more beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hesitant to get a running skirt because I've got the same booty issues! I think I've seen some with capri leggings as part of the skirt, those would work way better for my bum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº