Total brain freeze!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
NASA was awesome as usual. I am such a space geek, so I was enjoying every ounce of our time there. We saw quite a few gators - which Ryan is scared of - so Jessica and I really enjoyed that.
The ocean felt amazing. I wanted tp throw my entire body in and grab the surfboard from the old guy that wasn't even trying to surf.
We had a great dinner at an outdoor patio bar that was pretty much right on the beach! The weather today was absolutely perfect, and nothing like the Pacific Northwest!
It sucked to get to our hotel room and we were STILL locked out. Finally it is fixed, but imagine being exhausted and unable to get to your bed!
My alarm is set early so I can run in the morning, but after not getting any sleep I am not sure if it will happen or not.
Tomorrow is Islands of Adventure (mini stop at Margaritaville!) and Halloween Horror Nights. SWEET!!
Good night everybody, this girl is beat!
Check-in at the hotel was a breeze until we got to our room. We are in the 50's building with the bowling pin stairs! AND our keys wouldn't open the door. Finally at 3:15am I was in my bed trying to sleep.
7am came early, but I was up! After stopping for drinks and bagels in the insanely busy food court we were in the car and on our way!
Right now we are at the Kennedy Space Center getting on the tour bus. I was the very last person to fit! Maybe my luck is turning around!
It is a big race weekend. I hope all you runners have a fabulous time!!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Should be an interesting trip!
Ooh my pasta is here. BYE!!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- Tonight: Driving up to Portland to stay over before our flight. Possibly having a detour to visit with the sushi date before going out of town. :)
- Friday: Flying to Orlando via Denver. I will wave to you all below if I am passing your state!
- Saturday: Kennedy Space Center & Cocoa Beach. Ron Jon Surf Shop, here I am!! (I am a total wannabe surfer girl at heart. If only I had warm enough water at home to try surfing in.)
- Sunday: Islands of Adventure, where I WILL try butterbeer! A pit-stop at Margaritaville, 'cause I wouldn't be a true Parrothead if I didn't stop! Then Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios!
- Monday: 3am Florida time - registering for the Hippie Chick 1/4 marathon!!! Then relaxing before Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party.
- Tuesday: WDW
- Wednesday: WDW
- Thursday: RONDA'S 32ND BIRTHDAY PARTY IN WDW!!! Character breakfast, Epcot, Food & Wine Festival, drinks, food, friends, drinks ... FUN FUN FUN!!!
- Friday: WDW
- Saturday: WDW
- Sunday: WDW
- Monday: home via Dallas/Fort Worth - again I'll be waving!
|Here's one from the vault! |
That little girl in braces and the ugly coat? That's me!
December 1997 - my Frontierland hot dog cart.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
|I had an awesome run in my fishnets - and a sparkly top hat!|
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
For this post I will be sharing a photo with you, as mentioned in the previous post. I kid you not, this is 100% real. It has been there for more years than I have been alive. It is something every one in town knows about and jokes about ... yet we all flock to eat the yummy food in all of its greasy goodness. (Odds are you WILL have a tummy ache at some point after eating there. It is almost a rule.)
Now I present to you .....
I'm not sure if it is coincidence that they always hire young girl in tight clothes to work there, or if they are using this sign as a way of advertising food AND a casting call.
And the next issue - blogging. I have set it up so I can blog from my phone while I'm on vacation. As it is right now, it seems I can only send text blogs. But what if I run into my buddy Bruce again, or I see a pretty Florida sunset that I want to share?
Does anybody know how I can get a photo to upload, too? I've tried, but with no luck. But I've seen other blogs in the past that did have photos and were posted via cell phone.
Any advice is welcome!!
And if you are on the facepage, I will have access to that via my lovely phone, so it will be updated quite often with silly statuses and photos! (My link is over to the right!)
Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
|Malice in Horrorland|
|She thinks cheerleaders should have jazz hands!|
|I've never seen such a huge dog - and this one had a parrot!|
|Hooray for no rain - I thought that eye shadow would be all over my face!|
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- I am still on my Jimmy Buffett high. I promise to stop talking about it after this post. I will share a funny thing I realized about that concert experience though. My "date" -- I was his first date with a women EVER!, and I suspect his partner got a total kick out of that! -- and I noticed that a lot of the men at the pre-parties were checking out my coconuts. They would comment on them directly, or they'd comment on my glasses, ask if they could get a picture, and then suddenly back up and turn the camera on its side for a full body shot. A couple of wives gave me the stink eye. Sorry! :) Vernie Vern (my date) and I were giggling about it the whole time. He even got a couple of nods from other guys there, seeming to kind of high five him for being their with such a younger woman. Now trust me, I am not at all delusional and thinking I'm worth turning your head at. I've NEVER experienced anything like the attention I got that night. And then I realized WHY I was getting attention .... I was the minority. I was one of the few younger women there. I have blond hair, not gray. I was dressed up more than any other younger people. And basically, I wasn't an old lady! That concert was a sea of gray! But hey, if it let me feel somewhat pretty for one time in my life, then I'll take it! Fins up!
- Because of that awesome night, and the fact that I drove until after 1 o'clock in the morning before I stopped to sleep, I am STILL tired. I try to sleep and I can't because my mind can't stop singing A Pirate Looks At Forty and One Particular Harbor. Tonight I will go home, have my first run since Sunday, and then go straight to bed!
- It is Race Week! I ignored that fact, due to my obsession with Buffett. But it is time to be serious. I have to hydrate. I have to make sure my costume is clean. I have to be sure to go get my bagel and my banana BEFORE race morning. I was under prepared for a couple of races and I don't want to make that mistake again. This one is the last 5K I am registered for before the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend is here. I imagine I will find another race or two between now and then. But as it stands, this is it. The last fun, short, fast race. And I hope it will feel fun, short and FAST!! I am itching to set a new PR, and I really feel I can do it!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
|There he is in the same photo that I am in! YES!|
Look at all this nonsense I typed. I could have summed it up in 3 words.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
|In my new pajama top ??? with our tour guide|
|View from the entrance - I have an amazing flash on my camera.|
|Why did they let me go out in public looking like that?? I blame it on the tequila!|
|Looking behind me on the walk up to the entrance.|
Saturday, October 16, 2010
- In only 3 days I'll be at the Jimmy Buffett concert. I am FREAKING OUT!! I am so dang excited. I already warned my "date" that there is a high possibility of me squealing like a girl when Jimmy comes out. My "date" is one of my mom's old school classmates. Basically, seeing as I am a little fruit fly and am drawn to them like a magnet .... I kind of stole my mom's friend. I can't help it, I love my gays!
- I did have another date last week! This time it wasn't sushi. Instead he cooked food at his house - mainly little dishes for me to sample. All went down okay, except for the grilled jalapeño pepper with cheddar cheese baked into it. And would anybody be surprised to hear we watched Without Limits? At least my Prefontaine obsession came out very early in our friendship!
- I am watching/acting the Rocky Horror Picture Show right now. Tim Curry is amazing. I have every single line of this movie memorized. I'm actually working up quite a sweat with my one woman show. A lot of singing and dancing. My pets aren't really being a supportive audience either. Pft. They don't know true talent OBVIOUSLY!
- I've tested out this year's Halloween costume, looks like it is coming together nicely! I'm not sure about the Bump-It. I did give in and buy one - and I swear to you the customer in line in front of me saw it and laughed - but I don't know how to use it. I need Snooki to come meet me in Florida and help me!
- And I also did a test "run" in my house with my costume for Saturday's 5K race. I think if I just stay focused and ignore my clothes, I'll run just fine. I know the belt will slide up and in normal life that would drive me nuts. Saturday I will ignore it because I am running for that PR!
- Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!
- I'm working on my 2nd posting of my Waverly Hills Sanatorium trip. I expect it will be posted tomorrow!
- I must leave now to go drink something and get back to the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
- Oh, and I am currently starting to pack for my vacation. YESSSSS!!!!! ºoº
Thursday, October 14, 2010
|Mommy, Arwyn, and Me - it was very Steel Magnolias of us!|
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
|My previous trip to WDW - March 2010.|
|A "just because" picture - this is my little Lady at the beach,|
sticking her tongue out at her mommy! Too cute!
Monday, October 11, 2010
|One little section at Pre's Rock|
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Back to the hotel to freshen up and grab our gear. Layers to wear if it was cold, EMF meter, cameras, batteries, directions. The margarita was still flowing through me, which made my new Hard Rock Cafe pajama tank top seem like the perfect thing to wear for this adventure??? Lucky for me it ended up being pretty warm and humid, so I was very happy with my inebriated decision!
So it was finally time for the tour ... up first?
.....stay tuned for Part 2!
- I tried sushi last night for the first time ever. The taste was not bad. I liked the edamame best, and sampled 3 flavors of sake. My only issue was with the strange textures and the size of a bite was bigger than my mouth wanted to handle. Oh, and it was just vegetarian sushi. No eel or other creepy little animals in my food. The company, for those of you that read yesterday's blog, was excellent! ;)
- I have been using the same Excel spreadsheet to help pack for vacations since I created it in 2005. I organize by tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories, bathroom things and miscellaneous. I work on it for weeks or longer, then print and actually check off the boxes after things are packed. Obsessive compulsive much??
- I am pretty sure I died in a past life by drowning. This might have something to do with my Titanic obsession. Not just an obsession with the movie, but with all things Titanic related. When that movie came out it was heaven for me .... suddenly even more documentaries on TV all the time. I won't even tell you how many DVDs I have on the Titanic. Or books. Or souvenirs. .... I do have a piece of coal from the ship. That's pretty darn cool!
- I am a very proud graduate of Oregon State University. I was sort of a football groupie, if you will. Not groupie like rock star groupies though - I'm a good girl, sheesh! Some football players I went to school with: Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). Never did meet him or anything, but certainly cheered for him at every home game! TJ Houshmandzadeh - softest hands EVER. I couldn't believe it! They were softer than mine. I met him once, and shook his hand. I think I may have accidentally fondled it a little too long. He was really cool though. And little Nick Barnett. Freaks me out that he is a big name for Green Bay now. When I first met him he was the obnoxious little freshman living on my floor in the dorm. Drove me nuts in a pesky little kid type way. But then we had photography together and he ended up being absolutely hysterical. He was a DJ at a bar we'd go to sometimes - he wasn't even 21 yet. And now he is old. Sigh.
- When I race I ALWAYS play Usher's Yeah. Always in time with the music, no matter how many people are around, I smack my ass at the right part of the song. Left. Right. Left. Right. I feel it helps. It is REALLY hard to suppress the jazz hands sometimes, but I do my best to try!
- In the 6th grade I wrote an essay about Eli Whitney at the cotton gin. It must have good... it won me a trip to OMSI to meet Harrison Schmitt - an astronaut on the final Apollo mission to the moon. I've been a space geek ever since. (3 weeks from today I'll be at the Kennedy Space Center!)
- I always have female pets. The only exception was my step-brother, Bubba. He was an Old English Sheepdog that lived to be 19 years old. He was so sweet. But yeah, I always have female pets. I'm too scared to cuddle with a boy dog and want to spoon and pet a little tummy, and then accidentally touch his.... ugh, I can't even say it.
|No longer a sushi virgin!|
Coming up next on this blog.... a visit to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium!
Friday, October 8, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
go to the restroom at work, wash your hands, and then suddenly feel naked?
After doing a little personal inventory you realize that the reason you feel naked is because you aren't wearing your Road ID or your Garmin.....
.....Or is it just me?
- Is there ever a point at which non-runners will stop telling us how to run, that we run too slow, that we don't run far enough, that we need better shoes, yada yada yada??? I stopped counting how many people and how many times I've heard all the negativity regarding running. What's with that anyway? Even before I was runner I always admired the determination, endurance, strength, speed, etc... of people that run. I guess I just don't get why everybody else, who hasn't run more than what they were forced to in school, is an expert and I, the one who goes out at least every other day and races at least once a month, know absolutely nothing. Arg!
- One time in the 6th grade my teacher came up to my desk, leaned over, and quietly said, "Ronda, at 2:00 (okay, so I guessed on the time), will you please go to Ms. Conan's classroom?" I said, "Okay?" Well I never did go. He never told me why I was supposed to go. When the clock struck 2:00 he never said anything. To this day, decades later, I have no idea why I was supposed to go to the classroom next door. I suppose if I tracked down that teacher he probably wouldn't remember.
- Halloween is in the air!! I LOVE IT! Once September 28th hits I consider it Halloween season. It won't end until the morning of November 2nd. I love the costumes. I love the colors. I love the scary movies on television. I LOVE Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. I love to be so scared that I am screaming and running trying to get away! I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. I love to dress up. I love the feeling in the air - the crisp leaves, the not cold/not warm weather. I am just so darn happy! YAY!
|Here's a random photo from Vegas, just because! I have "rum tongue"!|