Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Run #19 - 50 Days 14 Hours 31 Minutes

Cue the butterflies! 50 days 14 hours 31 minutes until competition begins at the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Since I, the ultimate slacker, have to be an overachiever (and do two races), I will be part of that action in 50 days 14 hours and 31 minutes!

Last night my mom and I hit up the stores to get supplies for our Royal Family 5K princess headpieces. We aren't going with a traditional tiara. Instead we thought it would be fun to make our own. *Back story: every single time we are at a craft fair I brush off all the merchandise as stuff "we could totally make!" So now I will work with my mom on Saturday to prove we can totally make our own princess accessories!  I can't tell you the finished product, since it could take on a life of its own and who knows what the outcome will be. I can tell you we will be dying some wedding veils black and then bedazzling the heck out of them. We didn't want anything over the top, so we've limited ourselves to: veil, headband, flowers, rhinestones, feathers and sequins. Oh no, now that isn't over the top at all!?!?!  (Seriously, I think my boys were right when they say I had to have been a drag queen in a past life!) Best of all, we bought a glue gun!! I am so freaking excited about that part!!

Okay, so the shopping is done, but the running prep isn't. Last night I went out for my 19th run, which still shocks me. I mean I don't look like a runner, but this number keeps growing, as does my determination. I was planning on doing 4 miles last night, but my leg is on a different schedule. My Ace bandage and I (it being around my upper left leg) went out hoping to at least get in 2 miles. I pushed it and hit 3! Could I have done 4? Probably, but I also had to think about the future and the fact that I'd like to NOT injure myself.  My pace was pretty slow for me - it took 32 minutes I think for those 3 miles. But that's okay. My mind was in slacker mode and my body was doing a good job of just moving and surviving the cold temperature. The worst part was the ice pack after. I am always cold as it is, but throwing an ice pack on myself and then crawling into my cold bed - well, I had a horrible night's sleep.

And back to the Princess Half! It is now 50 days 14 hours and 24 minutes away!  My mom and I are going together and since she isn't running the Half I figured I needed to do something to be sure she won't be bored while I am out there for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Oh yes, that is the new goal, as declared by Princess Lesley! I like that someone has given me a goal. I need to have something to work toward!  So I decided for the second year in a row to get my mom the ChEar Squad package. Last year we did the small one since I just did the 5K. Basically I wanted her to have the Mickey clappers and t-shirt. This time I'm getting her the big package so she can come chEar for all of us in the Magic Kingdom and then get access to the finish line grandstands. At least she won't be bored - and seeing my mommy's face inside MK will be a big morale boost!

I know, I know, I plan too much. But it is soooo close! I am actually shocked I haven't started to pack a single thing yet!

Alright, that's it for now. Happy Running!

WAIT! I have to share with you the WORST picture of me running EVER! I mean it is so bad I had to do some special editing. This is from the First Run 5K that I did at midnight on New Years!

8 comments:

  1. Haha. You are silly! I'm sure you will do great at the half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUnny, my worst running photos ever were from New Years too... the photographer only did close-ups, and you don't want to see my pained scrunched face while I'm running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you will do great at the half!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 19th run already - wow! It's flying by, isn't it? You'll do awesome. Good job pushing to get 3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your edited photo - made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't plan too much! You can never plan enough for a Disney race at least in my humble opinion! ;) Can't wait to see you in less than 2 months! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that weekend is going to be SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED THE PIC!! YOU are going to do AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº