Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Run #22 - Math Time With Ronda

Last night was run number twenty-two. I'm still in awe of this. I guess I really just needed a BIG goal and a laminated training plan to get me to really go out there and run 3 to 4 times a week and increase the miles. I've been trying my best to fight my inner-slacker and I think I'm doing a pretty decent job. Sure I could ramp up cross-training, meaning I could cross-train, but I'm just now finally coming to an end of all that busyness of the holidays and decorating and un-decorating. But that's no excuse. A lot of you work out every day - and you have much more going on in your lives. Like I said .... SLACKER!

Okay, so 22 runs gets me to 71.5 miles.  Daily Mile tells me that in all of 2010 I ran a whopping 332 miles. This, my friends, is pretty unimpressive. I mean how many of you were over 1000?? Daily Mile also tells me that I have run 25 miles in January already. We will count this as through the 11th since I am going to be running tonight as well. SO, if I have done 25 miles in 11 days .... and if I kept up that pace, I could be looking at (quick algebra moment here).... 829.55 miles for the year. However, my mileage is only going to keep getting higher as I get farther along in training. I have 5 half marathons scattered throughout the year (February, May, September, October and December). So there is no time to slack! Thank goodness for that!

Wow - if I do my same math formula based on my upcoming end of the week total .... 878.28 miles for the year. Either way, this blows my mind!!

So the run itself was uneventful really. Four miles in 41 minutes - I believe the average pace was 10:14. Woo! I didn't go out until probably 9:45pm I think. They really need more night races because that's when I come alive!  Last night I also put together my half marathon outfit. It has changed so many times, but I am pretty sure this is it. Saturday my mom and I are heading to Eugene to do some shopping for Florida. We will be on a mission to find a shirt to complete this look. Trust me, NOBODY wants to see me just running in my sports bra!!  I'm thinking a black tank top - but one with personality. I think my bib will be pink, based on my princess selection at registration, so I don't want to pick something that might clash. This race is one huge photo op --- gotta be sure you look cute! I will start practicing running while smiling and keeping my eyes OPEN!


18 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! Can't wait to see you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need this shirt:
    http://www.cafepress.com/+stop_playing_with_your_balls_run,29500289

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the numbers and the running! Good luck with your shopping this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shirt, Lesley! - anything that says "balls" automatically makes me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job!
    LOVE the outfit!
    make sure you pick "sleeping beauty" as your favorite princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man - I am REALLY behind in this outfit department

    and the running part.

    Damn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - Sleeping Beauty was my girl! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are FABULOUS! The miles thing. ..I wouldn't stress it. They can build up quickly. If you think you can go back near your peak for this training cycle after the race, (after a little recovery) You could be sailing through the miles!

    Your skirt is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness... that's a lot of numbers!
    And a lot of half marathons for 2011! Kudos to you.
    Love the outfit. Can't wait to see the top you will pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute race outfit! :) Great job with the running!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yea, with 5 1/2 marathons you will be racking up the miles!

    CUTE outfit!!

    Want to know what's sad? I have to lose weight to fit in to my skirt that I'm wearing for the race :( I was going to send it back but I never did and I don't know where the reciept is! I'll probably end up having to just buy a new one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest outfit! Plus, I'm in awe of your running totals....you are inspiring me to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I totally agree, there definitely should be MORE night races. I'm just not a morning workout person, I love running in the evening/night. Too tired in the morning!

    I *heart* those pink compression socks withe the hearts on them. I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely jealous of your argyle running skirt. I'm trying to keep myself from spending money on the TNT one for Princess. Its a losing battle....we may end up matching ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the "inner slacker"! You're doing great. I also really enjoy running at night (although I don't get to do it very often)...have had some of my best runs late. Keep up your training...you'll reach your goal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the half marathon outfit. So many will be in pink - you will stand out in the crowd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº