Monday, January 31, 2011

Running Randoms: Including Chafing & Sports Beans


  • I rushed out to buy toothpicks after work. I need to do something to up my coolness factor.  
  • I started throwing things in my suitcase for Florida!
  • My RPIC (Racing Partner in Crime), Lesley, and I discussed the Princess Half. Expect to see us fly by you at the start. Expect for me to NOT belch loudly in Lesley's direction. (I promise NO belching at all!!) Expect to see us fly by you at the finish line! We are so totally going to ROCK the heck out of this half marathon!
  • I lied. I did not go buy toothpicks. 
  • Chafing isn't pretty. Here's proof:
  •  Welcome to my inner left thigh!
  • **The skirt that caused the chafing will be reserved for 5K or less runs from now on. It is super cute - it is the black skirt with pink shorties that they gave with the entry fee at the SkirtChaser 5K last year. It is so super cute, but the shorts aren't compressiony enough, obviously. OUCH!** In all this time running this is my FIRST chaffing incident. Oh. My. Gosh. 
  • I have officially requested time off for the Disneyland Half Marathon and the Las Vegas Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon. YAY!
  • I started eyeballing flights to Anaheim and Vegas. Oh no, I don't plan early at all. Nope!
  • I can't stop fantasizing about eating yummy bread at Mazzi's in Eugene. So. Freaking. GOOD!! Delicious. The best!! I hope Mazzi's is as good now as it was when I was last there about 15 or more years ago!
  • And finally, the winner of my stash of Sports Beans is: Giraffy!!  Well look at that, I was already going to mail you a package anyway, so this works out perfectly! I'll try to get them out ASAP so you can enjoy them while you finish training for the Princess Half Marathon! Congrats!!
  • 18 comments:

    1. A big OWEE! That looks so hurty. Now that I have used up all my big girl words...I hope that heals up soon.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yay to Giraffy! LOL on the planning early. I totally do that too.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Um, RR, silly woman... you will chaf at the new distances you are putting in... get some body glide or some anti-friction cream from Mission Skincare (I think that coupon expires today).

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yay!!! I love sports beans!!!

      I'm totally a planner too. It's an obsession. I may have Disney reservation center's number saved in my contacts.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Dude - that chafe looks bad - hope it heals up soon!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ouch!

      I hate chaffing. Well, I doubt anyone actually LIKES it, so that's a dumb thing to say.

      ReplyDelete
    7. OUCH!! Looks like you need some bodyglide

      ReplyDelete
    8. I have had that, but under the arms when I still had boobs due to kiddo #3.

      So....find different compression shorts for it if possible, and yes to body glide!

      Yes, I DO think the foam roller would be your friend for the calves. :) Try rolling (youtube has good videos) with a rolling pin if you don't have a foam roller yet. It shouldn't be too tough on that part of the body. I hope they are tons better after that!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Body Glide Lady! Don't forget that for the Princess. Laughing that you are a planner, I am just like that.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Ouch! Totally worth the pain :) Florida time is SO CLOSE! Yes you will rock It! Iam so excited! I have that skirt. Hooray for time off! Plan that tri pto ANaheim damnit! (i need to sign up for that race still!)

      ReplyDelete
    11. OUCH! That looks painfull!

      And yes, I walk around with toothpicks hanging out of my mouth all the time. :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. I think I finally found fuel I can tolerate and it's the beans!!

      <3

      ReplyDelete
    13. Ooooooouuuch! Take care of yourself!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Once you have your first Half under your belt, you should be able to determine a good goal for Eugene. My first half was in October 2010 and it was rough. I ended up walking some, which I didn't want to do, the weather was cold and rainy, bla bla bla. I finished at a snails pace with a time of 2:51:00. Ick. My goal for Eugene is 2:40. That averages to 12:20 pace, which should be more than manageable for me. My ultimate PR is 2:30 and if I could get it at Eugene I would be ecstatic. I figure 2:40 is more reasonable, but I will definitely be trying for 2:30 if my training shows that its a possibility.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Oh and Mazzis is still fab! :) I haven't been there in like a year, but used to go a lot.

      ReplyDelete
    16. OMG! That chafing looks bad!
      I have a black running skirt and the shorts kinda ride up and causes chafing too. So, I pretty much only wear capris and pants when I run now.
      Remember the underwear comment I made on my blog? Well, thongs will do that too. I'm just saying.

      ReplyDelete
    17. That's too funny. Fortunately thongs haven't given me any difficulty. If so I guess I'd have to be running au natural!

      ReplyDelete
    18. I swear I read the whole list....but I had a really hard time getting past toothpicks :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº