Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thanks Y'All!

HMB says the way to address a group of people is "y'all". So Hey y'all!  *Okay, living in Florida for so long, it did start to creep into my vocabulary, but has since left.

This is rare, but this will be a short post!

I am now 186 blog posts behind. I feel so guilty when I can't keep up with what you are all talking about. I've just been beyond busy. And I suspect that number will only get higher. So I apologize in advance for not commenting all over the place like normal. I'll be back eventually.....

..... which leads me to why I'm quiet and probably will be....  The whole Meniere's Disease thing is just continually kicking my ass right now. Today is one of my bad days. Not terrible, I mean I haven't almost fallen out of my chair or gotten nauseated from the dizziness yet, but I am far from "normal". I usually kind of hibernate when this happens, so I'll be a little recluse for a bit. Hopefully not too long since I am scheduled to run 4 or 4.5 miles tonight....

.... which leads me to THANK YOU!!  You are all so nice for putting up with my 7 mile pouting session that I had on Sunday. Everybody made some excellent points, so I do feel better about it. You're right. I did it. I can't complain about that. It was a new distance and I did it. And wait a minute! Now that I think about it, I finished that in maybe 5 minutes over my longest 10K race time? Okay, so not so bad I guess! And my last mile of that run was actually the 3rd fastest of that day. So I guess physically I didn't suck as much as I mentally did. But thank you all so much for your comments. I really do appreciate each and every single one of them!

I will go back into hibernation now, and leave you with a picture of what I am VERY happily sporting today! Finally .... I am in my Prefontaine necklace ~ the final piece to my half marathon outfit!


11 comments:

  1. Yay for the necklace, glad you finally got one! I'd love to have one too someday. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meniere's Disease? Inner ear thing?

    Is there nausea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Yes. Yes.

    Ears hurt.
    Can't hear.
    Dizzy.
    Nausea.
    Hard time talking on really bad days, which leads to a stutter.
    Can't walk.
    Can't drive.

    Now explain to me how I can still run??? I don't know - but I force myself to do it 'cause I'm addicted like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing...I hope you get to feeling better soon and can get in your run!!

    I LOVE that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all the crazy symptoms start to ease soon and that everything gets under control ASAP! :( (Totally had to google to read more about it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so know what those symptoms are like and feel your pain because I've been there. Hope the symptoms ease up or preferably go away altogether. Definitely don't know how you can run feeling as you do. You continue to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you aren't feeling well!!

    And just for Texas lingo -

    y'all - singular but can be plural
    all y'all - plural

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your necklace! And I am sooo fart behind ( I really did type fart and when back to delete it to write far but I think I'll leave it because it made me laugh). Anyway, I am so far (fart) behind on blogs too! Hope you get to feeling better! The world needs your rainbow a shinin'! Okay, so that was stupid too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon! AND---you need to do your own dialect vlog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº