Friday, January 14, 2011

Whatever, I am SUCH a Scorpio!

I'm calling B.S. right now on all this sign changing nonsense!  Yesterday I read some thing trying to tell me that suddenly, now, after all these years I am a Libra??? No freaking way. My sassy mood yesterday only helped solidify that I am a Scorpio. Sassy? Whatever - I was in full blown bitch mode. I cannot stand people talking to me like I am a moron or patronizing me. That is what set me off yesterday, but fortunately MOST of the people around me didn't have to see my bitch side come out!

What if I had gotten the Scorpio sign tattooed on my body like I wanted?? Then you're going to tell me I have to change it to something that I totally am NOT?? That's Grade A Baloney!   

And that's my little rant.

I did figure out what helped get me into my bitchy funk though. It's my Meniere's Disease. I haven't been as good about taking my daily medication lately, so my ears are getting all whacked out. Today they are hurting like crazy - which is never a good sign for what's to come in the next day or two.  A couple of days ago I was just a stuttering mess that couldn't sit up right without bracing myself on my chair. Then I had that crazy 2 miles under 20 minutes run. While that felt amazing, I left out the part where I almost collapsed at home because my balance was so thrown off and I was super dizzy. I know better. I have my prescription for a reason. Arg. BUT, I can find the positive in this, and that is that I now know that I need to take it every day up until the half marathon. I thought about skipping the day before so that I could hydrate easier ..... the medication I take basically flushes out extra water to try to drain it from my ear area so I don't get really dizzy and have a hard time functioning. Now I know that I do need to take it up until then. I promise I won't take it the day of, Lesley!! (I'd be stopping to use the potty every 10 minutes!!)

I think I just got really cranky because I have been having a harder time with normal activities and I just don't have time for that. I'm doing my best to avoid sick people. I'm trying to get more sleep (which is hard when I start my runs at 9:30pm!). I just want to try to keep healthy and take care of my body so I can have the best half marathon I can have!  Imagine not being able to hear well when you normally have freaking amazing hearing. Or not being able to say a simple sentence because it just will not come out. That's been my week. It sucks. I'm used to it though since I have had it since 2003. Still, it sucks!

I was nice last night, however! I am not one to normally do fundraisers since I suck at them. But since I'm not raising funds I went around spreading some TNT love and donating to some of our fellow runners! I wish I could have made my donations bigger, but someone keeps registering for races and buying running skirts and is running out of money! But I doled it out around where I could -made me all nice, warm and fuzzy inside! I hope you ladies reach your goals!!

No running last night - due to all the above whining. :(  But I will give it a go and run tonight. I'll probably be doped up on drugs, but that won't be the first time I've run during one of these episodes. I can take it. I'm a tough Scorpio after all!

And I registered for my first 15K - the Shamrock Run in Portland in March. I'm so excited! It looks like a really fun time - and I just might get to meet more of you radical bloggers!


10 comments:

  1. A 15K?! Whew! Do something east-coastish! Like NYC next time...I would be down for that!

    I was having none of that nonsense yesterday. I refused to even read the articles. I'm *clearly* a Leo and that's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! my personality is a total aries and i don't plan on changing!

    yay, you signed up for that race! good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little behind, but nice job on the 2 miles!

    Sorry you've had a crappy week! Hope your weekend makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I would love to come and run at 15k with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I said the same damn thing after reading about the sign changes. I am NOT a Libra, I'm a definite Scorpio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a definite Scorpio too!
    I have had a crappy week of running ... maybe Sunday's long run will have flush the crap out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean -- I am SO a Scorpio! And I do have a scorpio tattoo, so there's no way I am changing. Although apparently there are two astrological calendars and only one changed, not the one that most people follow.

    Have you checked out racecenter.com? That is the best place to find races; they're not all listed there, but maybe 90% are. Great way to spend $$$$!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been avoiding people that are sick like the plague. Kids have been coughing on me all week, blah! So sorry you had a stinky week, weeks like that come and hopefully, go away quickly.
    Refresh this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too...I am for sure a Scorpio! ;) I think this is funny that there are so many blogging scorpios...several of your commenters. awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you, the sudden change in zodiac signs is BS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº