Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Can't Stop Talking!

I swear I have diarrhea of the fingers or something. Someone tell me to stop posting blogs!! But you realize what it is, right?? It is all of my excitement building up. I have no way to express it all and get it out right now, other than to babble incessantly to anyone that will listen to me!

Two weeks from tonight (at 5pm Oregon time) I am officially on vacation!! My mom and I head up to Portland for the night before our very early morning flight to Orlando, via Dallas. I am about at the point where I am too excited for my own good. These two weeks could end up very slow and painful!

But with these two weeks also means that I have just two and a half weeks until my first half marathon. I am getting increasingly excited about that! I can't help but wonder, and maybe you can share your own experiences, will I fluctuate between excited and nervous/scared/petrified? Lesley and I have talked about the race a lot, and with each conversation I feel like I'm getting farther and farther away from the ledge, so that's good. I guess I finally feel like I am prepared. I am ready for this! (Okay, this is 90% in part due to Lesley's post-10-mile-run text telling me that I am ready for the half. THANKS!) I just can't wait to get there, hit the expo, track all of you down to get our obligatory blogger group photos and then run this dang race. I have been waiting for this one half marathon for a year already!!

You probably don't know this, but I have my own holiday. R*nda Appreciati*n Day. (Sorry - due to nut jobs I have to censor things to avoid Google Alerts.) Yes, I have RAD. It is on February 21st, and this is the 5th year of appreciating ME!! It is totally R.A.D.!!  Basically, as the always single girl I never have a valentine. Everyone I know is married with children. They all celebrate. So I decided to just wait one week and then have my own celebration! The best part about it is that this year it is a holiday so I don't even have to go to work while I'm celebrating the raddness of myself.

I swear to you I am not as narcissistic and vain as I probably sound right now. I just created R.A.D. as a joke, but then it worked out so well I just kept it going! The fact that people have given me presents for it shocks me all the time!

I am REALLY excited for the Eugene Half Marathon as well. I was checking out the course and trying to get any details I could, and I'm so ready!

And after seeing The Rite last night I'm still filled with all of these questions. I kind of want to start going to church again. I always get so interested in different religious things and want to learn more. Seems like church would be a simple place to start! I kind of don't want to have to do Communion though. Last time I did it I thought I was going to gag on those wafer things. I wonder if they'd let a 32 year old be an acolyte again. I bet I could light the candles so much easier now that I'm a bit taller. Seriously one Palm Sunday I could not get them lit. I was so embarrassed and stressed. I thought I was going to set the palm leaves on fire. But my church is scary. I was in it one night all alone locking all of the doors for the night and I swear I was hearing voices below me when I was upstairs. But I was the only one there. Even my dog was perking up and looking around. Oh yeah, I totally took Lady to church! The building has always creeped me out. I'm sure there's no reason, but I would love to be alone in there again sometime just to see. Anyway, yeah, I'm totally fascinated by this possession/exorcism stuff. Mostly fascinated that I haven't ever pondered it before. Maybe I need a Cliffs Notes version to get me started with all of this!

See?? I am running off at the mouth. I think I have way too much energy - and it is all just excitement and adrenaline. Every time I have too much energy I want to go and learn everything I can about a topic. 

Did you know I wanted to be a nun in the 4th grade? I blame the Sound of Music. I just want to walk through big, open buildings and sing.

And I think I'm going to, sooner than later, register for the Disneyland 5K. So, Rose - that means you have, too! But I'm totally just walking it. I just want to relax and have fun sight-seeing and get a medal for it!

Okay that's all. Back to what you were doing!

12 comments:

  1. You're definitely doing the Disney half too, right? So I should sign up for both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I registered for Disneyland already. So I just have to add the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was your anticipated finish time, so we can be coralled together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - you're smart! I think I put in 2:30 based on the 10K I had from last year. I totally plan on being faster than that, but that was all I had to go on for the purpose of registering.

    Let's count how many times we say ASS during the half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOOM, registered for both. Man those are expensive races.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I can't stop reading!

    Keep those posts coming... You are so excited and you are definitely going to do well this half!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha!! Diarrhea of the fingers had me laughing!! lol.. you are so ready for your half marathon!!! :D Go out there and kick butt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been a fan of Single Awareness Day. But my birthday is in Februray, so I just celebrate ME all month long.

    I'm so excited to hear all about the Princess. You're gonna rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you - you will do great! Your posts so crack me up...keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of your own holiday! Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday.

    And yes be prepared to fluctuate from super excited to super nervous to scared out of your mind back to super excited. Oh my gosh - I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, you are cracking me up! Love the idea of RAD...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº