Monday, February 14, 2011

Just A Few Little Randoms

  1. I feel so bad that I can't keep up with blogs lately. I try to read and comment on every body's blogs. But I am a total slacker, but it isn't on purpose or because I'm procrastinating.
  2. It seems like once my Sunday long run miles jumped, and my overall weekly miles started hitting new highs, I am just not normal. I am so scattered, tired, excited, busy .... this race is creating a lot of life work! Is this normal??? (This is basically why I haven't been a good blog friend. I'm so sorry - I'm going to try so hard to get caught up!)
  3. I'm always hungry now. I had my 2nd dinner at 11pm last night.
  4. I slept GREAT last night! Oh my gosh. My body was just so relaxed, I was loving it!!
  5. I did start packing for Florida this weekend. All of my running clothes, minus socks, have been officially set into a suitcase. Things will get rearranged, but this way they are put in the queue to be officially packed and won't risk being used between now and next Tuesday.
  6. Next Tuesday! Ha - now I'm picturing CilleyGirls's blog today. Anyway - I knew these last few weeks would go by fast, and they really, REALLY are! I cannot believe that I am going to be loading up the car next Tuesday and heading up to Portland, ready for my flight to Florida. CRAZY!!
  7. And while I'm really excited about this trip, I'm kind of dreading one thing about it. You see I've been going there every year since 2005. Before that I lived there and had my "family" - a bunch of college grads trying to find their way in the Disney company and become a huge success. Yeah. That worked out grand! ;)  Anyway, my best friend is in Florida. When it comes to big decisions he is always there to help me think it through. He's helped me a lot with running as well. We've been close friends for nearly 10 years now. This trip is my last trip to Orlando for a while. I don't know when I'll be back (especially if Operation Sperm Donor is a success in early 2012). 2011 will be the first year I won't make my fall pilgrimage on a quest to do all things Halloween and see my friends. So I'm really sad about it. 2011 will be great. I'll be doing 6 half marathons in 4 different states. I have A LOT to look forward to. But not knowing when I'll get to see my friends again really sucks. I always cry when the BFF takes me to the airport. I can't even imagine how much of a hot mess I'll be this time. Ugh.
  8. I'm on a total emotional roller coaster. I guess this is normal? I'm not like moody emotional - it is a confidence coaster I guess. One minute I'm excited and ready to kick ass. The next minute I think my whole body is falling apart and I'm going to have to be pulled across the finish line. Ugh, Lord help me! :-)
  9. My co-worker is cracking me up. She has propped up the lid on the copy machine so she doesn't have to see our resident robot. The robot is so rude to customers without even realizing it. It just drives us nuts. Instead of exploding, there is now a photocopier wall. I'm so jealous. I have no wall. *sigh*
  10. Oh. My. Gosh. I have to tell you guys what happened today!! This young, cute, friendly guy comes in to pay his water bill. His hair was kind of surfer-ish (which um, Ronda's had a thing for surfers - 'cause we have soooo many here.... - since 9th grade). He was pretty friendly and even humored the robot with conversation. You know how you can tell somebody is looking at you? I felt that. So every time I looked up he was looking over and kind of smiling a bit. I had NO idea how to react. Okay - we never have anyone attractive at our counter, so I was just thrown off. He goes to leave and when he gets to the door he stops, turns around (I of course am watching all of this), he pauses for a good 3 Mississippi to make eye contact, smiles and walks out. Guys NEVER look at me and never smile at me unless they are men in their late 50s, married, gross and trying to hit on me (WHY???). Naturally I heard his name when he paid his bill so I looked him up. He's going to be twenty-one next month! A kid twelve years younger than me checked me out! Hey - I'm going to take it as a compliment since it never happen,s EVER! Does this help qualify me as a cougar yet since I can't be a MILF?
  11. I have a flower on my desk. I drew it with highlighters on a post-it. So take that all of you with real, scented flowers. Mine will last forever!
  12. Okay fine. I have two Valentine's this year. Granted neither of them live in my time zone and one I technically haven't met in person yet, but whatever. It counts! 
  13. ONE WEEK until R*nda Appreciati*n Day!!

9 comments:

  1. Eating everything in sight and sleeping all the time? I know those feelings. That's what it's like to be a HARD CORE RUNNER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about other blogs. I'm not even working right now and still don't seem to have time to keep up. I've been a sucky blogger too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...laughing about the guy paying his bill and your response. I can't keep up with blogs either....everyone moves so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been so busy and feels like I haven't read everyone's blogs and commenting like I had been doing. Driving me insane.

    Totally laughed out loud at "... pauses for a good 3 Mississippi to make eye contact, smiles and walks out."

    I used to worked at the university library as a graduate assistant. A guy asked me if I wanted to go out and have lunch. I blushed and said, "I don't know" and squatted down and hid before the counter. He stood there, not knowing what to do.

    And WHAT is this Operation Sperm Donor thing? Cos you and I seriously may have something seriously big in common. Seriously.

    Eat and sleep all the time = sign of a TRUE runner!

    Just feel the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we can be slackers together... i feel bad because I can't get to everyone's blogs everyday like I used to before I started working crazy hours lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was packing for Florida. It has been very busy at work (everyone is calling in sick), at home everyone has the computers - wife FB, kids book reports and sciece projects. I never have a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are excited! I would be too! And that is awesome a hot 21-year-old was checking you out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! This post cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quick update posts - I've been playing a lot of catch-up too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº