Friday, February 4, 2011

Run #33 - Fins Up & Sub 9??

This run is such a joke. I mean I was almost laughing through all 8:56 of it. Okay, so let me back up. Wednesday night I ran too fast and decided to tackle hills, so I cut my 5 mile run down to 4. I had thought to myself maybe I'd go out for one or two last night two make up for it. 

Well, it was also a work bowling outing thingamajig last night. You might not know this, but I am actually an amazing bowler! I mean really I'm a much better bowler than runner. However, I kind of retired from the sport around the same time I realized I had to divorce the bowler that was living in my house. I rarely bowl anymore at all. When I do I always end up with really sore muscles in my legs and butt if I haven't bowled in a long time. Sad, but true. And then my arm. Oh my gosh. I have a 14 pound ball, so after a hiatus my arm will be killing me. With this half marathon coming up, and all the work I've put into it, I knew I didn't want to bowl, and then attempt 10 miles with one sore leg and one sore ass cheek. (I can't help it, I love to thrown in "ass" whenever I can.) So I was the cheerleader instead of the bowler! 

My cheering led to supporting drinking with the teams I was rooting for! It was only two - on an empty stomach. It was so dang tasty. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and Coke. Ooh, it goes down so smooth! Here are some photo highlights from the night!
The girls! Virginia, Monica and R*nda Rae
My Mommy
Mommy, obnoxious firefighter crashing the photo ;) and Me!
Monica is awesome .... and she might come cheer me on at the Disneyland Half!
Parrotheads!! Monte and I getting our Fins Up!!

So there was all the pre-run fun. I hurried home, switched into a running skirt and decided, since I can't feel my body and this is of course so practical at 9pm, to see how fast I can run a mile. One mile. Empty stomach. Fueled by rum.

I felt so silly. I really couldn't feel everything like normal, so I felt kind of floppy. But no pain! And I ran my fastest mile ever .... 8:56! Ha, SUB-NINE!! Woohoo!!

Obviously I am on to something. Princesses, let's meet up at the start line for some pre-half shots! ;)

15 comments:

  1. I love this plan. And congrats on the time trial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ass is pretty much my favorite word ever..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the sub-9 mile! So what if it wasn't exactly a traditional training strategy?!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure that is the kind of hydration Lesley is talking about! But it does sound like tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! If you could accomplish that speed on rum just imagine what you could do with the vitamin-enhanced power of a tequila shot with lime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you just need some tranquilizers to run better =D
    I wouldn't try a cheeseburger in paradise before the half ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, you cracked me up. I can't imagine running after two drinks. I get so sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am absolutely terrible at bowling, I'm not sure if I've ever broken 100! Congrats on the great and speedy drunkish run! Also, your mom looks so young!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I can bowl. I only bowled ONCE in my life. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you are so right about the strong smells of some Asian food. Hate hate hate that fishy smelling sauce. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, you are too funny! Congrats on going sub 9 on a rum filled tummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEST RUNNING PLAN EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a genius! Will you be my running coach??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best running plan - ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº