Saturday, February 5, 2011

Run #34 - Balls. Ass. Poop.

The title is my clean way of describing this run! This is going to be very short, yet not so sweet.

My mind wasn't ready to run, but I wanted to just get out there and do it. I knew I wouldn't regret getting the miles in. I'm all set and out there running, feeling pretty good. I do the same .7 mile loop at the start of every run, then I decide from there where I'll go next. Just near the end of that .7 it happened. Disaster? I really hope not.

Similar to the lid that tried to kill me.
There is a water meter lid on the sidewalk that is loose. Given where I work, I was able to talk to the water superintendent about this before actually. He said that they switched companies they buy from because the original one started making lids that weren't the exact right size, so some were slipping. Yes, well, this one slipped - when MY foot hit it. My right food and ankle went down into the meter hole. 

To say I was panicking is an understatement. To say there were bad words coming out while I was flipping out is a fact. I've been working so hard at taking care of myself and I couldn't have an injury because of some stupid sidewalk and a water meter.  I decided to keep going and asses how I felt while running. I made it about 3 more miles before I decided to call it a night. I altered my route to cut out 2 big hills that I've been throwing in. This one was just about getting back home and not doing any more damage.

So 3.5 miles in 37 minutes - not bad all things considered! And that was with a few moments of walking. In the end my ankle is slightly bruised, but I think that is just something superficial. My right knee and hip took most of the pain from that whole situation. I'm nursing it all today and just taking it easy before tomorrow's 10 miles. I'm optimistic that this will pass. It is true Ronda fashion to get hurt or sick right before a race, so maybe this is that moment and it will be smooth sailing from here!

11 comments:

  1. That's some bad luck!! Hope you are feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice everywhere that hurts, then hit that 10 tomorrow! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're okay. I fell through a meter hole several years ago and still have a dent in my leg to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it wasn't more serious. ahh, yes, balls, ass, poop, adult potty talk....much needed sometimes. Some days are like this...things get in the way. Yes, Ice ice ice and get back out there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy that sucks - it can throw off a good run. Glad you weren't hurt too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice and rest!
    You've got your training in.
    You are SET SET SET for your half.
    Rest! Don't further injure yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Ice, ice, ice!! Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh god.. i hear you about injuries..I'm in the midst of trying to prevent them myself!

    Hope you rocked that 10 miles today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy crap dude! i hope you are healing up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl who swears after my own heart... :) I already read that this didn't slow you down too much..phew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº