Thursday, February 17, 2011

Running? What's That? p.s. I'm EXCITED!!

Okay, I think I hit that point. That point where now I can't concentrate on anything. My mind is already in Florida. I am ready to hear the music on Main Street. I'm ready to smell those unique smells that you can only find in Pirates or the Haunted Mansion. I'm ready to scream and throw my arms up on Splash Mountain. I'm ready to clobber my BFF at the airport and give him the biggest hug ever. I'm ready to land in Orlando and ride that monorail to the main terminal, see the Disney, Universal, Sea World and NASA stores then go get my luggage. I'm ready to open my hotel room for the first time. I'm ready to text all of you Princesses that I have arrived! (p.s. .... I need your digits if I don't have them already! ... Becka, Giraffy, I'm talking to you! FB me!) I'll throw in just one more ! for good measure here!! I'm ready to shop at Downtown Disney and get one adult beverage Wednesday night. I'm ready to enjoy some mild humidity. I'm ready for my medals! I'm sooooo very ready to get my bibs. Ooh, okay .... so my whole point of running this race initially was to get the backpack that everybody got last year. I didn't get one since I was just a 5K runner. Well, I had concerns that they wouldn't give us a bag this year since I guess they didn't give them out at the WDW Marathon weekend. Imagine my happiness when I saw this in our latest email:
The 2011 Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend is proud to, once again, have Lady Foot Locker® on board as our presenting sponsor! And as part of event registration, each participant will receive a custom goody bag that you can rock all weekend, compliments of Lady Foot Locker®.
Let me tell you, if we don't get one I am going to be pouting like CRAZY!! I trained for a year for this just to get that damn backpack!
I haven't trained since Sunday. Why? Because I am a procrastinator? Because I'm too hungry to do anything these days? Because it was disgusting and rainy Tuesday night? And then I thought I'd run Wednesday instead, but forgot I had an appointment to get my pre-Princess hair cut? And then I woke up to this (remember it was on the 60's on Sunday!)?

So yes, I have many excuses. It is actually hard for me to NOT run at this point. I really want to. But at the same time I am not willing to run out there if it might be slippery. I've come too far to risk a silly late night run and getting hurt. Hopefully tonight I can get one in. I WILL run at least 2 or 3 times before I leave for Florida. I WILL!!

Am I the only one that insists on getting a cut and color before a big race??

15 comments:

  1. backpack?! I had no clue there was a backpack involved!! Ill have to Tweet you to get more info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to make sure my hair looks adorable during races, since it's all about the pictures. Bangs get really gross during races, I've found, though, which sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks colder than a midget in a 'fridgerator in that picture! I would almost think you were here with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it's about the pictures! I figure if I can't be the fastest runner at least I can look cute trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To say I'm excited for you is an understatement!!! :) Just reading this started getting me excited to get back to Disney soon! GAHHHHH I'm SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get my haircut, but I do paint my toenails before every race. You are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naw...take it easy and enjoy your taper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun in Disney. Say "Hi" to Maleficent for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you were describing Disney and it makes me miss it. I hate that I don't get to go. I hope you have fun and do get that backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't hardly wait for you to get there and run like a princess! :)

    I like to paint my toenails before a run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I had to get my hair done, and I am getting a very special half marathon mani when I get my nailed filled tomorrow and a special half marathon pedi with K on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like some great swag from Disney!

    I don't think getting a cut and color is weird...I always do my makeup before I run! I want to look good in the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm expecting AWESOME stuff since it's Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº