Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Home ~ Quick Catch-Up Post

I feel like there is so much to say that in the end I won't say much at all! I thought I'd just pop in for a quick hello. I've missed having my regular blogs and keeping up with all of yours. I know what I'll be busy doing tonight!  Plus I have a TON of pictures to upload and share. Let's do some bullet points, shall we?
  • I was in the two funnest races of my life! Walking the 5K was so silly, laid back and just plain goofy! My mom was a trooper and ran the last bit which is HUGE!
  • The half marathon was a BLAST!! I couldn't have had a better running partner than Lesley, and I love that we decided to just ignore our time and have fun with it and hit nearly every single character spot. That Belle - she was trying to interfere with the Beast and I, but I won. You'll see! And Captain Jack? Back off ladies! I smooshed my sweaty body all over that gorgeous man!
  • I think there were nearly 150 photos taken with my camera during Disney's Princess Half Marathon.
  • I have decided to register for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon next January!! I guess I really can't stay away for too long after all!
  • My legs feel fantastic and I can't wait to run again. 
  • I loved getting to meet so many of you fellow bloggers. Rad Runner ... Disneyland Half we WILL me up because you have to do it!
  • I slept about 3 hours before the 5K and 2 hours before the half. How on earth was I able to function?? Must be some of that Disney magic?
  • Lesley is the first person to "experience" my pre-race tradition of my "bubble bath with Pre". The look on her face during our slumber party after I finished the LONGEST "quick shower to wash my hair" in history was priceless!
  • The smell at the porta-potties before the half was horrible!! My mom and I decided they just baked in the sun after being used at the 5K the day before. Yikes.
  • My first baseball game was fun! I got a major sunburn and had to buy a hat to keep my face out of the sunlight. Plus I ran into an old friend that was just two sections over!
  • I got another free shot of rum in Morroco!
  • I am totally in love with the black Princess 1/2 running jacket I bought. 
  • I think the pocket on my running skirt is upside down? Did anybody else buy the skirt at the expo??
  • Arctic Ease is awesome! The product felt great and I had a fantastic time talking with them (about rum) during the whole trip.
  • Riverside is HUGE! Seriously HUGE!
  • The Polynesian pool bar is the place to be.
  • I don't want to be back. I'm in denial that I am actually home.
  • I came back not totally pale!!
  • I'm ready to do some major laundry and start gearing up for the Shamrock 15K in just 10 days!
Here's a photo that I love. I copied this from the site, but I am totally buying all of our pictures since they crack me up and you only have your first half-marathon one time. I'm in the black and argyle, Lesley is the tall Snow White attached to me. So. Much. Fun.!!
I never mention our time because to me it didn't matter. We threw out caring about time around 2 miles in and realized we wanted to laugh, take silly pictures and just enjoy it. So our official time was 2:50 and we actually ran nearly 13.5 miles with all of the zigging and zagging to get each of those photos!

20 comments:

  1. Seriously, the most fun ever. Ever. Who knew running 13+ miles could be SO FUN!?

    Can't wait for Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back!! And that you had a swell time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should have a pre-half slumber party for the LAND half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the pictures, glad you had such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

    I wouldn't care about time at Disney either.

    You can "race" your first half for real at home in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you buying the CD??? I bet most of the photos are both of us... I'd be willing to donate to the purchase. ;-) Best half EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I'll come back and comment more BUT...quick post... I got a skirt in january and thought that my pocket was upside down too! Are we missing something here? Maybe it's supposed to be that way??

    CONGRATS!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny!!! Glad you had a great time. I am looking forward to my trip there with far more trepidation than I have for running my first marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER JOB!! I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG OMG You got the jacket? SWEET! I so wanted it, but bought the "this is my slipper" shirt (you know running shoe on the slipper?) and then the "Race you to the castle" top, ugh, no self restraint! Great job GIRL!

    P.S. I am so ALREADY signed up for the race! *disneyland:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a fun trip! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so , so AWESOME! I can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The race was definitely a blast but not sure if I'll be doing anymore. We'll have to see!

    I didnt actually buy any Disney gear although it was tempting..the jacket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! Can't wait to read more and see the pictures!! Glad you had fun and stopped for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! I've been waiting for your recap! :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! I wish I had taken more time for photos with the characters - but I guess there is always next time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're back. Can't wait to see all your pictures. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº