Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Still Alive .... Sort Of

I kid you not, I think I was asleep by 8:35pm last night. When I go to Florida I always adjust to the 3 hour time change immediately, but when I come home it takes forever to get back to "normal." The good part of this is it has been easier to wake up in the mornings. However, I'd still like to at least stay up a little later than 8:30 for Pete's sake! Who is Pete anyway? We used to call this guy Crazy Pete, which really felt appropriate after he left tons of drunk dial messages on my friend Robin's answering machine one night.

What else? There is my giveaway going on right now, $30 to CSN Stores. Check it out - entering requires no brain power at all!

It feels as if I just finished my first half marathon - because I totally just did! - and now the next race is upon me. This time I'm heading north to Portland for the Shamrock 15K Challenge. Yeah, I didn't notice that it had "Challenge" at the end of it until AFTER I registered. But this is okay. It is typical of me to pick races that are on the harder end of the scale, so this is just one more. Looks like we have 4.5 miles uphill, followed by a downhill finish. Knowing that I can now do 13.1 has calmed my nerves on this race. While I want to do my best, I'm also not going to be all crazy about it and kill myself. My next half-marathon isn't too far away, so I'm going to enjoy it, but also think of it as just another long Sunday training run. Yeah, right. I'll see that 9 mile marker and throw it into high gear and pull out my usual kick for the end. I didn't have much kick in me at the half, but we sure tried. Hopefully I can muster up a kick for this one!  The weather for race day is a low of 48º and a high of 52º - with showers. So basically the opposite of what we just had in Florida. This is definitely more to my liking!

Brace yourselves. You won't even believe what I am going to say next. Are you sitting down? I am. You might need to.  I mean this is so unbelievable and uncharacteristic of me that even I am having a hard time typing it. I ... wait for it ... have a date. WHAT??? I know! I'll let you collect yourself and pick your jaw up off your keyboard.         .......................  Shall we continue now? Race weekend starts early for me - since I have said date Friday night (and Saturday day!) in Portland. I'm still searching for his name. Kim came up with "Sushi Guy" at a race last year, and it stuck (but he obviously did not. Ha!). Perhaps one of you will be brilliant and have a name for the new date?? He is currently voting for "Mr. Awesome!" - the ! is part of the name, which cracks me up. And last night he voted for "Sonic Boom" when I was going through ring tones in my phone.

After all of that is over, on Saturday night I have a slumber party with Cilley Girl. Two pre-race slumber parties in a row! I'm dying to meet her dogs. She warned me of her machete I think it was? I'll be armed with an array of self-defense mechanisms, like my awesome Ninja skills. I better develop those ASAP! And there is talk of going for pasta. Is this still on, Cilley??

And to end it all, I had a nice run on Sunday. It was my first since the half and returning to Oregon. The weather was just perfect for me and my legs felt great! I only did 5 miles since I was under-fueled and starving. Things always happen on my runs, this was no exception. This time I ended up helping an older woman who was concerned about a young girl taking an infant down to the river bank. I think she was worried that we were going to have one of those tragic "mom drowns baby" stories and so she wanted to investigate before anything happened. All seems to have been okay, but how nice is it that she was concerned?!?

I freaking just babbled on and on forever! I guess I haven't had real blog posts in a while, so I had a lot to say!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race! I have that same argyle/hearts skirt, I LOVE it :) It's daylight savings this weekend , by the way, that outta mess with your internal clock some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Shamrock Guy? Ooh, if his name was Rick he could be Shamrick!!

    Yep, we are still on for pasta Saturday night. Did you get my email to your gmail account? The tentative plan is to do packet pickup Saturday afternoon and then have dinner.

    Oh, and sadly I do not have a machete, just a hatchet. But I do have a whip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A date AND a 15k=awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shamrock Guy = No....I really do think that Mr. Awesome! is the way to go. I even want to figure out a way to make an awesome noise whenever you click Mr. Awesome!. That would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are simply to awesome, your past five blogs make me pretend I am TOTALLY not working, and instead am having an amazing time in Florida, I cant wait for Disney~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boys shall remain nameless until after the date (and blog recap). We don't want to get attached too early!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it may be a little too late for that (Just) Trying is for Little Girls. At least I hope that it is...Mr. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nameless one logs in as anonymous? How appropriate until after the first date blog post:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seriously cracking up at the "Anonymous". Like we don't all know who "Anonymous" is?? If he isn't careful Mr. Awesome WON'T stick, but Anonymous will!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Awesome!March 10, 2011

    Okay...so I wasn't aware that I could just type in a name...that is why I was posting as Anonymous. Well...as GI Joe said - Knowing is half the battle. So now I know.

    And Miss Fly...you forgot the ! after my name...very important that we keep it Mr. Awesome!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº