Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Run #2.5 - Redemption Run

I had no running photo,
so here are today's socks!
I set out last night, in the rain Again!, to redeem myself from my prior long run on Sunday. I went into it knowing I'd be soaked, telling myself it would be okay. I mean it was only 5 miles. Right? I can't help but chuckle. I mean I remember when I started and I ran my first mile non-stop. I was so excited, I couldn't believe I could do a mile. And now I head out on these 5 milers thinking only. What the heck has happened to me? I mean I actually look forward to the longer Sunday runs more than the short mid-week runs. I don't even recognize myself!

So the run itself was pretty uneventful. I did the first mile in less than 10 minutes, so then I tried to back off a bit for the remaining four since I know I can't do 5 miles as fast as I did that first one. I felt pretty darn good. It was nice. My running path was pretty empty - but then who wants to be out in dreary conditions after working 8 hours that day? So I was the crazy one. I did see one other run and boy oh boy was he fast. And he ran up the hill into the scary part of the bike path that I never run on. I was a little jealous. I did mix up my route a bit just to get some new scenery. I find that helps me a bit... keeps me from mentally getting bored.

In the end I completed my 5 miles in about 53 minutes, with a 10:32 average pace. Not bad at all. I have no complaints on that! I mean I'm not a fast runner by any means, so this suits me just fine!

Only 11 days until the Corvallis Half Marathon!!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how your perspective changes!? I had the same thought last night when I headed out for my *short* 5 miles :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squueeeee! I love those socks!!

    Oh and congrats on the 5 mile run

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those sock are rad...as are your running skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks are cute! Good job on the run! Nice pace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those socks are so adorable!!

    and yay for good runs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! Congrats on the awesome run!
    I'm a beginning runner and being able to run a mile without stopping is a HUGE thing for me- can't wait to get to the point you are at. Hopefully someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - those socks are awesome!! I'm so jealous! And awesome run as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great run. I think I would like Hello Kitty socks more. Kidding! Kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº