Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Viva Las Running

(My blog title doesn't really make sense, but I'm too excited to care!)
Did you miss the announcement? It seems like it was everywhere - and I was one of the people watching live just waiting to hear the news. Sure, the entry fee is steep - but so are other races I've signed up for. And for me this may be a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing (I'm trying to not do repeat races yet except for some local ones). So, within moments of registering opened, I was IN!

My dear friend Jessica and I will be heading to Vegas to run the Strip AT NIGHT and I couldn't be more excited! How awesome that they switched the start time. This works better for my schedule anyway since my friends perform in their show at 10pm on Saturday and I don't want to miss it. This is Jessica's first race, too, so I hope she enjoys it - and I know she will! Wait - it is also her first trip to Las Vegas. Sweet!!

So .... who's with me? Who else is ready to run Vegas at night??

12 comments:

  1. I'm seriously considering it, since AT NIGHT? Along the strip? HELLS YEAH.

    But, I've kind of blown my race budget. Maybe I'll make a Vegas trip and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so cool, and I was REALLY tempted... but it's the same day as the one race that I will not miss... unfortunately. You'll have a blast! (Just not as much of a blast as at Princess... I'm just going to keep saying that... maybe 10 years from now, I'll still say that... because I'm dorky like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the half??? Time to put on your big girl panties and run a whole marathon!!

    I'd love to go but with my work schedule December races are out :( Hmm, although if I come into some $$ maybe I could come spectate; I haven't been to Vegas in a few years and I love drag queens!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that it's at night! I would love to do it...maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this article and thought of you: http://www.boingboing.net/2011/03/09/stupid-unhealthy-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! That must be it! It makes me hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! It looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm sad for the people that wanted to do the full though. Who puts a 4.5 hour cap on a full?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing it! And the people who put the cap on the full is the city of Vegas.
    They have to get the city back to normal for the taxis and stuff. If you think about it, it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you lady... your just all kinds of busy this year!!

    It should be a blast though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! It sounds like everyone and their mum might be there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun. A great reason to go to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super exciting!!!

    I'm not allowed to go to Vegas, but I am soo jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº