Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Run #3.4 - A GREAT Taper Start

Okay, I love to taper. I mean you're telling me to cut back? Sure! I love to carbo load. I mean I do it all the time anyway, but this time it feels okay! (I am NOT loading yet, sheesh!)

So last night I went out for 3 miles. I thought of doing four, but my tummy was growling and I wanted food! It was a fabulous run if I do say so myself. I was just taking it easy not trying to be the fastest runner, but also not trying to just stroll along. I ended up with 3 miles in 31 minutes. Wow! I was shocked at the time since I was hitting some hills and trying to "take it easy". Makes me wonder if I am finally getting faster? Who knows!

I listened to a podcast about tapering, and all it did was get me more pumped for Eugene. And this whole "taper madness" thing? Yeah, I really didn't expect it to hit me the way it has. I mean we have 10 days until the race gets here, I have only just started tapering, but Biker Boy can tell you ... I am a nut ball! And I'm freaking out about my shoes today. I swear I am going to roll my ankle. What the hell was I thinking?? Whatever is going on in my crazy head, I love it! I love the adrenaline rush I get when I think of race day!

I am eye balling a 5K at the beginning of June in Eugene. That sub-30 5K is almost taunting me at this point. I haven't raced a 5K since New Year's Eve. Since I used to do them monthly it just feels like it is time for another! I'm holding off on registering until after the Hippie Chick, however.

I'm feeling like I'm out of that slump I was in, so that pleases me tremendously!
Here are my current stats for the year:
I think I just might hit 800 miles after all!

*and I'd like to add that in 2010 my TOTAL miles for the year = 321. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll blow that out of the water this year!

6 comments:

  1. I am eyeing a 5K at the beginning of June as well... I did it last year, and my time was 47:xx.... I did an easy 32:58 the other day... I'm with you, totally ready to sub-30 a 5K :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. youll totally hit your goal mileage for this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WILL break the 30 minute 5k this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are dominating this running thing!!!

    keep going gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº