Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Run #3.6 - Early to Rise

Last night I was hungry after work. I mean I barely got in the door and I was already whipping up some Morning Star Farms "Chik'n" (I think that is how they spell it anyway). Pretty much I ate too fast, which did not bode well with my tummy. Stupid Ronda. Will I ever learn??

And then Glee came on... I love Santana. I love Kurt. I loved this episode!

So last night's run didn't happen. But I didn't let it bug me, instead I was up this morning and out the door for an easy 2 miler. It was kind of good how it worked out though. I'm not really a morning runner, and since our race is early it probably doesn't hurt to have at least one run not at night. I liked hearing all of the birds chirping and being up before a lot of the neighborhood. I think I need to do this more often, especially when summer gets here. AND I ran without music! That was mostly because I was too lazy to dig through my purse to find my iPod. 

The only issue I had during this run was the fact that I hadn't had anything to eat or drink in over 12 hours, so I was kind of weak. But my legs felt great and my mind was in a much better place than during the last run. Phew! Just under 21 minutes later, my 2 miles were done and I was happy. I'm happy that I got up and did it! I never regret morning runs, as few as they are. It is a great way to start the day!

4 DAYS!!   Must keep hydrating!

6 comments:

  1. loved glee....but way to many commercials. it was driving me crazy! good job on a morning run. it is funny i used to be a night time/evening runner until i had kids. Now i am up at 445 2 mornings a week. you start to love it after awhile. Good luck this weekend! you are going to do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog in the link from (Just) Trying is for Little Girls. Awesome! I will be doing the 1/2 marathon on Sunday in Eugene - but walking. I plan to run (again) the Eugene Women's half in September. I prefer to run races around home, Eugene - I'm very lucky! I absolutely "race" for the bling, and at a 10 minute pace in a 5K, and up to 12 min for a 1/2.
    Hope to see you at one of the Oregon races this summer, maybe even the Warrior Dash - my 50th birthday present to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glee was AWESOME last night. I'm glad Kurt's back where he belongs.

    I'm glad your morning run was awesome.

    FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to watch the latest episode of Glee on Hulu tonight. Glad the morning run was better than your last run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the morning run! And with no iPod. Not much longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love morning runs. I wish I could do more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº