Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who's Freaking Out? Oh Yeah, That Would Be ME!

Perhaps it is because I have a half marathon on Sunday? And I still can't breathe? And my last run was a disaster? And I'm antsy to get the show on the road and just do this??

Ugh, I'm just a mess right now!

I haven't registered for the WDW Half Marathon yet because I want to submit a time that is more impressive than my "goof off and get tons of pictures with the characters" time. I have NO regrets about the first half marathon at all, but given the fact that we spent almost 20 minutes not moving because of said pictures, my time isn't one I'd want to submit for corral placement. So right there I see I am putting pressure on myself to have a good run on Sunday. 

Look at me! I can drink, run &
take my own picture all at the same time!
And as per usual I worry about the race. Will I be thirsty? Hungry? Upset tummy? Full bladder? Hot? Cold? Last? Pushed out of the way by some fast little kid that laughs at me? Will I throw up again? Will I be late? Will I not find the start line? 

Okay - seriously. The rest of you do NOT need to worry about your races on Sunday because I am covering it for all of us! And not find the start line?? Hello! I start at the football field of my college right across the street from my dorms. I think I can remember how to get there (although it has been over 10 years since I was in college. Yikes!). 

So I'm just antsy. I need this race. I need to just remind myself that I don't suck and I CAN finish 13.1 miles without all of those worries coming true. And I need to wash my outfit. I'll do that tonight. Remind me someone. Mmkay? Thanks.

I'm also hungry. I just want food. But NOTHING sounds good. I'm sick of it all. I am ready for this weekend though. I'll be in Portland with Biker Boy carbo loading and buying a couple new pairs of running shoes. And carbo loading. I can't stress that enough. I've been craving this vegan mac & cheese for a month now. I can't wait to get it back in my belly! Okay, so the one thing that sounds good is a 3 hour drive from me. 

Speaking of Biker Boy (he loves being mentioned. Such a Scorpio!).... we are doing the Muddy Buddy together! But I elected to have us do the Mud Run versus the full blown Muddy Buddy. I lack bicycle skills and would hate to hurt one of BB's prized possessions. I think it will be really fun though. I'm ready to tackle those obstacles and flop around in the mud. Bring it on!!

In other news, I had to get blood sucked out of my body yesterday. I am so grossed out about things entering my veins or coming out. Ugh, I can't even talk about it. I guess I'm being tested for anemia, low iron and low thyroid. I'm not a doctor, so I can't even explain. I'm sure it will all come back normal, as per usual. (I love that phrase, FYI.)

So, as per usual, I'm going to end my blog now and continue my little pre-race freak out. I think I'll run tonight. A nice, slow, steady run just to be out there getting my head in check. Then it is time to start the marathon of Prefontaine movies and documentaries!

19 comments:

  1. Oh u sound like me with all the feeling out. Just chillax...I know, easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've freaking GOT THIS. Really. You'll be awesome. {{{}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUD RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great! And, you should just go ahead and register for the Disney half. You can submit a better to them via email if you end up with a better time at one of the bazillion halfs you are doing this year. I used my 10k time from last Sept to get a better placement for the Wine and Dine just a month later. So don't put so much pressure on yourself for this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be AWESOME. Cool weather....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you can register always submit a new time later on in the year or even at the expo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just getting all your worries out now so you can cool and collected on race day. You got this - this isn't your first rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you will be fine! just start relaxing, watching your movies and a few carbs won't hurt. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to do great! At least you have been running lately. I missed all last week. I am so worried for Eugene. With finals and the end of my law school CAREER, running just hasn't been a top priority. I ran today and it just didn't feel as rewarding as I remembered. Just in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for you and your race! You'll do great! Just focus on that vegan mac & cheese. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're going to do just fine. And if you don't like your finish time for Corvallis, you've always got Eugene (and everyone does great in Eugene!)

    I think it's funny that BB likes to be mentioned. I didn't think S cared, but I now know he likes it too. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone has said - you're going to do great! You've done all the hard work...now just go out and run...oh and have fun. :-) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will be awesome, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll be fabulous! A little freaking out just gives you that "edge"... right? Let's go with that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you;ll do great!!! seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so impressed with your picture! I can't even run and drink at the same time, let alone also take my picture!!! You are talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will rock it, just take a DEEP breath!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey good luck on your half! 3 more days!! Running there a couple weeks ago was one of the best runs I've had in a while...hopefully that's how it is for you too!! GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knows ya killed it - 'cause I already read the race recap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº