Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eugene Marathon: Bloggy Dinner Photos

How do you write about a super fun dinner that lasts nearly 2 and a half hours? I guess you can tell it via photos!

Kim was great and made a reservation so we could all dine together at Mazzi's. I seriously LOVED Mazzi's as a kid, and this was my first time back in 15+ years. Would it be as good? I still don't know. I ate something totally new to me, so I couldn't compare, but the rolls were still delicious like I remember!

If I can do math correctly, we had 13 people in our group, and everybody was so cool! We even got lucky enough to be graced with the presence of a legit Boston runner!! (She even let me tough her coat, I think it brought me good luck at the race!) It sure was pretty! Again, a huge congratulations to Oregon's own Small Town Runner, I think she did absolutely awesome over in Bean Town!

For dinner I chose Penne Alla Vodka since that is what I had before the Princess Half Marathon. I only picked at it. My nerves and "eating in public" anxiety kicked in, so as much as I tried, I could barely get anything down. So if I were to compare Disney's penne to Mazzi's? Disney's wins this round. But both were tasty!

Now time for some candid dinner shots!
S & Kim

Talk, talk, talk -- we were really good at it!

If you look you'll see Stacie & Laurie, too, in there with their pretty smiles!

Julie & Small Town Runner
I even went home from dinner with presents! How awesome is that?? Thanks ladies!

We had some good laughs trying to figure out how to line up ....
utilizing the slope of the hill to make us shorter runners look taller!

There we are! Carbo loaded and ready to run!

Biker Boy was there, too! He even brought vegan snickerdoodle
cupcakes for everybody to feast on. They were yummy!

Okay, so then we kept talking a little bit longer. :)

After dinner Biker Boy and I decided to wander through the mall a bit, since it was right by our hotel, on a quest for a travel coffee cup for him to use in the morning and a new OSU Beavers hat. Such a good guy that Biker Boy is. Excellent taste!  And then my hunger kicked in .... again.


One slice of pizza down - and I was ready for sleep. I planned on watching Fire on the Track - the Steve Prefontaine documentary, but decided to just TRY to sleep instead. Yeah, that didn't happen. 

Okay, so next time we meet .... it will be Race Day!!  If you somehow missed my post about the expo and my teary experience, then click here!

12 comments:

  1. You had pizza after Mazzis? You crack me up! I knew I should've bought your dinner from you. It really was the best one at the table.

    So looking forward to your race report.
    I'm getting ready to head out for an easy 3 right now, work the kinks out before Hippie Chick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! What a FUN night it was!!! Loved seeing you again!

    You crack me up with that top photo! And WhAT was i doing in the last one??? lol :)

    Looking for the race report now..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun pre-race dinner!
    Can't wait for the race recap!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Love all the pictures. Can't wait to read your race report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone gave you a rubber duckie! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rose - yep! For when we take an ice bath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biker BoyMay 03, 2011

    Didn't you string the duck up by it's neck as a sacrifice???

    Just kidding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!

    Can't wait for your race report!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it that you got pizza right after your meal!
    Yeah ... we're twins all right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun dinner! I hope to meet more bloggers in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mazzi's was so fun! It was nice meeting you. Thanks to the boy for the delicious cupcakes. I was WELL carbo-loaded by the time I left :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your huge PR! My friends joke that if you don't puke or pass out at the finish you didn't try hard enough... so well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº