Monday, May 23, 2011

The Feminist Comes Out in a LOUD Way

Remember the Robot? The woman at work that can't type an e-mail that makes sense? Hold on, I'll share it again - in case you missed it the first time:

This Thursday and Friday would you please be able to to afternoon break and mail on Friday because Theresa will gone at 2 on Friday
And would you be able to either do switchboard or take water call on Friday from 2 on

And would you be able to do mail on Thursday

Karen said she could if you could help her on Friday afternoon
Thank you
Linda

Lovely, ain't it? I say "ain't" here because I kid you not, she was pulled aside once and told to stop saying "ain't" when talking with customers. 
Anyway, this robot/Gremlin (I suspect she is part Gremlin because she seems to fear the rain and getting wet. It will be 80º with ONE cloud in the sky and she'll put on her winter jacket and grab an umbrella) has REALLY set my blood boiling.

The door is under construction. We are getting a new card lock system, so until it is finished, the door slams shut instead of gently closing. It was propped open, but the prop slid out of place. So she had a co-worker's husband re-prop it open this morning. It was then undone when we locked the building for lunch. After lunch she tried to prop it open, but it keeps sliding shut. 

So then our water meter reader leaves. She makes him stop to fix it. He does. He fixes it in a fine way because he has a brain. BUT she says, without a hint of sarcasm or facetiousness about it:
Oh, so it takes a MAN to do it.
Dead serious. She believes only a man can make a simple door stay open.
After a loud rant from me questioning why ONLY a man can prop open a door and how far back are we setting ourselves, I sent myself to time out at the other side of the building. Are you serious? How many decades does she keep setting us women back every time she opens her mouth? She also believes only men can change the time on a clock.


Now instead of just hosting seminars about how to dress like a lady and not embarrass yourself (i.e. NO skinny leg jeans with tiny baby doll shirts and your stomach hanging out) I shall host seminars about empowering yourself to do things. Women can open doors. Women can change clocks. Women can do everything men can do. Don't think we can pee standing up? Ha - you go to a race and tell me that. We fly planes. We live in the International Space Station. We run companies. We drive long-haul trucks. We fight fires. We work on Wall Street. We are judges. We are Senators. We vote (I know, shocker, right?) We are equal (of course by the time I'm done with this we'll probably be superior!) ;)  We do NOT just sit in our long pencil skirts with our hair in buns taking dictation for the boss and then fix his coffee. We have progressed, dammit!! We ARE the boss.

This all comes on the heels of me watching Strange Sex and Sister Wives on TLC. What is with this rash of women all over that are so insecure that they will settle? Would YOU marry a guy (that I would never even look twice at) that has THREE other wives? Do you think that little of yourself? Would you aim to be 1000 pounds so that your chubby chaser husband will love you more than any other large women? Would you want to be with someone that fully admits he wants you large so that you HAVE to depend only on HIM for your basic needs?

Come on ladies, we are better than that!!


And this concludes my rant.

Bra burning tonight at my place! 7pm sharp - be there are be square. Or is it pointy? Oh no, do I have to get one of those weird retro pointy bras if I want to fit in at my work place?

10 comments:

  1. Well ... I am not exactly a feminist.... but I do more than 100% agree with you.

    Women can do almost anything a man can - except shooting out sperm (strangely, that's the only thing that came to mind). Otherwise, if a woman wants to learn it, she can almost always do it!

    I cannot stand Sister Wives and there was one show called Big Love. Really? You mean there are women out there who would get sloppy seconds or thirds? Seriously? What kind of men would want to have 3 wives? At least have the guts to admit that he is one horny man and need it get it whenever he can, instead of hiding behind religion. If God wants him to have 3 wives, my God wants me to have ONE husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, there are some typos on my previous comment. So, don't cut and paste and say that your running twin can't type a coherent sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...where do you work again? =D I need to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the female version of Milton that you talked about in one of your comments on my blog?

    Amen, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! This is the female Milton! I cannot stand her, obviously, but things like this make it even worse. I'm seriously going to bring her a Happy Retirement cake and just tell her she is retired. No option. Just retired. Heck, I'll even let her have a piece of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like my coffee with just a hint of cream and sugar, can you get that Hun?


    Just kidding. I got nuthin as to why she would act like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, that is soooooo frustrating. I get so mad at women like that. Be self-sufficient, strong and independent!! Its the 21st century!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is infuriating, but all I can do is feel very sorry for women like that and walk away. Different generation, different mind-set. And lucky for us, more people think like we do than she does nowadays.

    Is she married? I've met tons of woman that are only working until they can meet a husband to take care of them (even sadder? I've met more of them here in NYC than I did in New Orleans. . . but then again they were all married with kids by 23. . . but I digress) It's a pity really.

    A friend of mine finds that show interesting, I don't get it. I say live and let live. . . but please don't force your views on me. I don't do it to you.

    Don't get too upset, not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's NOT married right now. Was married. Then divorced. Then pretended she was married to the ex. NOW she is engaged. He lives in a different town. We are all hoping she will get married and then move to where he lives. It's a lofty dream, but hey, we need something to give us all hope around here!

    Okay - fresh day today. So far she hasn't spoken, so it's a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - there are no words

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº