Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thanks! & A Racing Update

First off I have to give a big thank you to you all for the kind messages and comments on yesterday's post.  You are the best!  And now I feel ready to get back out there, keep my head in check and see what these legs can do. I know I won't be the winner, and that's fine. I guess now I need to figure out what is my ultimate goal and devise a plan to keep me working toward it and some day achieving it!

That racing hiatus I was on? Yeah, that's over. I am skipping the 5K I was looking at, but for good reason. Tonight I resume half marathon training. I can't believe I'm on round 4 of it now! Four? Already? Crazy! And what am I training for?


I gave in and registered yesterday! (Gave in? Ha! I was so excited to do it!) After hearing Stacie talk about it at our blogger dinner, and then realizing that Seattle isn't terribly far from Biker Boy's house, well, it just seemed like THE thing to do! We even got a hotel reserved last night fairly close to the finish line and expo. So I am all set - now I just have to pick out the outfit and do the training! Wow, this puts me at 8 half marathons for 2011 so far (and two already registered for in 2012). Awesome!

And so now how about a little looksie-poo at some of the official race photos from the Hippie Chick!

This is the "Oh my gosh, am I seriously going to throw up AGAIN?" photo. But no, I didn't!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome! Make sure to let Mel know if you want in on the carb-load bloggy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest race photos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you signed up for another half, and I'm a little jealous... just sayin'. Can I just say that I love your pics from Hippy Chick?! Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so happy! They've got to love taking your pictures. Congrats on resuming marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AWESOME.

    Also: where did you get those socks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found them at Claire's - along with the sunglasses and earrings. The bracelet and necklace were from Michael's. The shirt is Reebok and I found it at Dick's. Then I have on a SkirtSports Summer Breeze skirt with some SkirtSports shorties underneath -- because I didn't want to flash my ass to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biker BoyMay 11, 2011

    But some of us want to see your ass....I'm telling you...that is a sure fire way to get me to slow down on our runs...I would just stay behind you the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics, you are too cute. Congrats on Seattle, should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your next half! It always makes me feel better, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is going to be so fun. are you a half fanatic yet??? i would think with all of your half's you are. Can't wait to see the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rene - I DO qualify, I just haven't "applied" yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for Seattle!!!!! I'm so happy you are doing it. You should definitely be a part of the bloggy pre-run dinner. Great race pics!!!

    @ Biker Boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. +10 to Biker Boy!!!!

    Heh, someone asked me what I wore under my kilt....I told them for a fee they could find out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pics!! And yay for the Seattle RNR!! I've heard lots of good things about the race.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHOA that is awesome. 8 in 2011?!! you are a rockstar! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YaY! Seattle is going to be fun! And let's hope the RnR "designers" have something better in store for the medals for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousMay 16, 2011

    I hear Rock n Roll Seattle is a great race. Have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your race is right before my birthday - a great weekend for both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº