Friday, May 20, 2011

Is This How It Starts?

Apparently the world is supposed to end tomorrow? I totally missed the memo. Had I received it (I did get the one about the covers for the TPS Reports - don't worry!) (Office Space. Watch it. Love it. Empathize - it IS my life.) Yeah - had I received it I'd have totally ditched work and done something really awesome for my last day on this planet.

But is it REAL? I mean look at all that's happening....
  • Arnold cheats on Maria with a very unattractive woman.
  • Arnold announces he is putting acting on hold .... because his Hollywood career is booming?
  • Zsa Zsa is in a coma AGAIN.
  • Jeff Conway is in a coma and sounds like he might not come out of this one.
  • That wrestler guy, that suddenly my entire FB friend list just desperately misses even though they never mentioned him before or seemed to care about the WWE (except AJ who works for the WWE - he gets a pass), died in a car accident.
Obviously the next thing to happen is The Rapture. 
I should stop making fun of it. I joked to my mom that since I'll be in Portland tomorrow, at least I'll have a good view when Mount Saint Helens blows again. But then wouldn't it be a little awesome if she DID have a hiccup and give me something cool to look at? ..... side note, I almost changed majors in college because I love volcanoes and wanted to study them.

So I'm kind of bummed that I didn't know it was ending. I never got to meet Sir Anthony Hopkins and marry him. I'd have traveled more and spent the $50 that I have in my purse. I guess I have time to spend that before tomorrow. I would have tried to meet more of you. You are all seriously rad and crack me up all the time. It's been fun! Maybe -- if you want -- on Sunday when we're not on ye olde internets (or Earth) anymore, we could all meet on my cloud. I was thinking of having a post Rapture mixer - some drinks, (we can do whatever we want now because we are on a freaking cloud!!) maybe a BBQ, some karaoke. It'll be "very", as they say in Heathers

No need to RSVP, just stop by! See ya Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. I fully agree! I will swing by your cloud and take you up on that offer.
    Tomorrow night, I plan to dance until the world ends. . .I mean, Britney Spears predicted it, right? And so I will do as she says.

    sidenote: I believe it's already tomorrow in other countries and we haven;t gotten any word, so I think we might be cool.

    Either way, I'm still waiting until sunday to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh Rhonda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!
    Sir Anthony Hopkins. really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which Cloud will you be on?
    I'm gonna be on #9 cos' I plan on drinking some wine right now ... and it's not even 11:30 a.m. yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Anthony Hopkins back in the day or now?

    Oh, who am I kidding. I'd still jump on Harrison Ford and I don't care if he is 70. Wait, maybe I do a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more hours until the west coast raptures. I'll be sticking around after that to watch the world collapse. OH YEAH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biker BoyMay 21, 2011

    Rose - did you just snap into a slim jim?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha... love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Smokes...good thing I read this post on Monday...I'd have been scared otherwise...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº