Thursday, May 19, 2011

Race Bib/Scrapbook Project

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I'm starting on my race bib project. I know they have those little books where you can put your bibs, and sure, I entertained the idea of getting one. Then I thought more and I wanted to be able to take some things out of my race box and display that with my bib. This led to me thinking I could add in some pictures from each race. And thus, I've taken one simple idea and it has become a 'cover my floor and surround me with supplies' type of project!

While others were out running, biking, swimming, doing hot yoga, eating, dancing on tables, walking dogs, etc... I was home. Sitting in my old lady recliner. Working on my racing scrapbook. I seriously have such a wild life!

Having 19 completed races under my belt, this isn't going to be some simple "whip it out in one night" project. I think I completed just shy of a dozen pages - but naturally most races have 2 pages, with some like the Princess Half and Eugene Half getting a HUGE layout! (I totally play favorites!)

So anyhoo.... here's a peek at some of my pages from last night. The photo quality is terrible since I used my phone and didn't bother to take the pages out of the protector sheets, so they have that lovely glare!

The Eugene Marathon 5K from 2010 .... for me this 5K was a huge success and also my first chip-timed road race. I had earlier participated in a chip-timed trail race, but this one felt much more "formal". And I was very thrilled with my results!
1/2 of my Butte to Butte 2-page layout. This is where I set my current 10K PR that I am hoping to finally break this year! Fine, yes, I totally printed out photos that still have the copyright. I just can't pay a week's salary for one 4X6.
The full SkirtChaser 5K spread. Fun race, fun after party .... my running SUCKED!! Hot. Humid. Side stitch. Dehydrated. Under-fueled. First time tossing my cookies at a finish line!
So there's a sample of what I've done. I'm a total slacker sometimes, and these pages really show it. Once in a while I get more creative and put more effort into it. I figure maybe that will come out when I get to the "big" races? Who knows. I'm procrastinating on those right now. 

* * * * *

36 days 22 hours 36 minutes until the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon. Hopefully I'll be able to run by then. I, being the fancy expert doctor that I am, have realized that it isn't exactly my knee that is the problem. *sigh* My IT band and I are going to bond for a while. I'm going to make it feel special and loved. I have a tote with me today with all of my essentials ..... The Stick, Arctic Ease, a wrap thing, photos to update my picture frames at work (which probably include a photo of myself with Linda Prefontaine!) and some Animal Crackers. I'm ready to fix my leg and get back to running before I go insane!

And you might need to click here. Or don't. I mean you probably shouldn't. You probably don't want to try to win my personal little giveaway. I mean who would want that. Yeah, don't click here.

21 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So inspired to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, well done! I save all of mine as well, but they have just been shoved in a photo album for the time being...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah so cute, you make me want to start my own....

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I've got all my bibs in my nightstand. I should really do something with them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bib book is amazing! You're going all out, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biker BoyMay 19, 2011

    That looks awesome. You should be proud of all the hard work that you have done to make this book and to also earn all the items in the book! I cannot wait to see it as it grows with every race that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, that is an idea. Although, I'm not much on scrapbooks. But that would be a cool way to keep my bibs and track race times etc. You clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool! I just put all my stuff into a scrapbook a few weeks ago. I LOVE looking through my book! It looks like you're pretty creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhhh this is maybe pretty cute. probably love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE LOVE LOVE your scrapbook!!! seriously!! :D it's so fun and cute and organized and awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bib/race scrapbook. You are so creative! I just have my bibs taped to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I have a scrapbook with all my bibs and any assorted other race stuff. In theory, I'll scrap it all some day, but in reality, I'll likely be working on it in the nursing home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had that same thought, but got overwhelmed by the thought of it. I love it.
    Take care of that IT band. rolling and ice:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome. I wish I were creative like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now you're really talking my language...scrapbooking! Can't wait until I get some races under my belt and can start doing race pages. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousMay 20, 2011

    I wonder if my sister will mind me joining the scrapbboking party? Maybe I can bribe my wife to create a scrapbook for me... Maybe I should keep putting my bibs in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet your wife would just LOVE to do it, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute and creative! I would love to do scrap booking, but all my stuff always ends up in a random drawer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. AnonymousMay 22, 2011

    Those pages look super - what a great idea. Wish I had done one, but I can't go back because I have not saved much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm making one of these too!! Unfortunately, I'm really slow and will probably miss some of my races because I'm waiting so long to put it together. I think I've only finished about 3 pages, and I've run more like 30 races so..... Anyway, hope yours turns out great-the pages you previewed look really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! I love your bib scrapbook!!

    Now I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº