Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Run #4.3 - Easing Into It (& Glee)

I was going to run last night but decided to work on my race bib scrapbook instead. Also, I want to try to do my week day runs in the morning, so I thought today would be a good day to start. 5:30am my alarm went off, at 6 I got up. By 6:25 I was out the door and planning on 3 miles. 

As I was running I thought about it and decided to just go for 2. Considering the pain I was in during the last two runs I wanted to start slow. I tried to force myself to slow down as well. I got in the two and only felt a little tinge just at the very end. I did give myself a slight walk break heading up one hill/corner since my leg doesn't like sharp corners right now. Other than that I think it went pretty smooth. I'm glad I shortened it, although cutting back on the running is REALLY getting to me. I feel like such a slacker. I mean I already was one, but now it is worse! So 2 miles in 20 minutes. Crazy that this was me slowing down. I guess I had to have a major temper tantrum about my slow pace to end up speeding up without even trying?

* * * * * 

In other news, you have got to go check out Katye's blog post today. I just LOVE this post. Too freaking cute. If you like to run and you like dogs, you will love this!

* * * * *

I loved Glee last night. Oh my gosh did it ever give me a lump in my throat, while simultaneously bringing back some season 1 nostalgia. I have always had a soft spot for those with Down Syndrome, my lifelong friend having a younger sister with it and thus growing up just having it feel like the "norm" (if that makes sense?), so this episode really hit me. Sad, yet a happy ending. Loved it. Can't wait for next week!

* * * * *

Ain't nothin' gonna break your stride? Ain't nothin' gonna hold you down? Then go here and enter my sort of hush, hush "Thank You" giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. I did not read this post completely because I haven't watched Glee yet. YET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog is so cute! I swear he has a smile on his face when he was running toward the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to go check the Macmillan calculator on race pace versus training pace. I know that Pre did it, but you're really not supposed to a bat out of hell on every run. You're supposed to be training, not racing. You're also not supposed to be banging the hell out of your knee. Listen to the CilleyGirl with the stress fracture before I come down there and smack you with my crutches! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biker BoyMay 18, 2011

    Glee was a good one...now I just hope that they start showing re-peats so that I can be all caught up on season 2. And nice job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy, girl! It's OK to go easy :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't watched Glee yet on Hulu. Heading to the website now!

    Thank you for your comments on my blog! I enjoy them... they are fun and entertaining! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 18, 2011

    You are NOT A SLACKER! OMG You're incredible - You have been racing your butt off this year! Take it easy and ease back in like you say, you won't regret it once your knee heals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh... your so funny.. slacking!?

    your definitely no slacker! just look back at all your half-marathons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here. If the almost runner follows you, you must be cool :)

    So weird...I was just working on my race bib scrapbook the other night too!

    Good luck on easing back in...hope your knee feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kewl - I would love to see your bib scrapbook when you get it done!!!

    happy running!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº