Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Run...

... to prove to myself I can!

Happy National Running Day everybody!

I like that today is a positive day for us runners - although every day should be national running day, right? May always sucks for me. I've been looking forward to June and a fresh start, and why not have this new start on our holiday!?!

Today I've been thinking about the things I've achieved. September 12, 2009 I was not a runner. On September 13, 2009 I gave it my first legit attempt ... and haven't looked back! I've been going ful steam, as much as I physically have been able to for being a slacker, and I've loved all of it. Even the painful moments are still worth it! All those moments throwing up at the finish line? Priceless!

Just one month ago today I ran in the Eugene Half Marathon. It was the most important race for me, and I feel like it really was the best performance I've had in a race. Heck I even feel like I ran it better than the little 5K where I won first in  my age group. On September 12, 2009 if you would have told me that I'd be addicted to registering for half marathons I'd have called you crazy. And now I'm the crazy addict!

4 pairs of running shoes
1 Nike Plus sensor
1 Garmin 305
An obscene number of running skirts
1 Great Urban Race
2 trail races
10 5K races
3 10K races
1 15K race
1 Quarter Marathon
3 Half Marathons

.... and the numbers keep growing! Who knows what all I will do between now and next September 13th, or now and the next National Running Day? All I know is I am very excited to find out!

From my 2nd week of running! - a black cotton t-shirt? What??

From my 3rd half marathon - black TECH shirt!

12 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet! You know, a cotton tee is ok...if it has RUNNING SUCKS. on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get almost all of my "tech" gear at Old Navy when it goes to clearance. Nice numbers. I have yet to buy a "running skirt", though I do have the owner of Utilikilts looking through the R&D racks to find a new Spartan in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one month after the Eugene Marathon day! You did have a great race--and you've come so far. Who in the world runs in cotton t-shirts anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I* ran in a cotton t-shirt on Monday. I went out for a little run with my oldest, and didn't think that I would work up much of a sweat. Nope, not even close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 01, 2011

    Did RR just post a bunch of numbers? Who's the nerd now???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! happy national running day! I am laughing at your cotton t-shirt comment, glad you are on to the tech:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog, and I'm absolutely loving it. As a Disney fanatic, and wannabe runner, you're definitely speaking to me! It's my dream to do Disney half marathons...I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable paying that entry fee because my jog is as fast as most people's brisk walk, but maybe someday! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've come so far since the beginning, and I can't wait to read about the races you do next! So awesome!

    I still bust out a cotton tee every now and then for my runs, but usually in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a whole bunch load of races! I am impressed. Is there a full in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rock star!!

    (Your cotton shirt comment cracks me up. I used to run in those ALL the time... and paired with sweat shorts and other terrible clothing choices. Who WAS I?? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soo awesome! Congrats on your running stats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº