Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's Talk About Yummy Food!

My favorite meal in Walt Disney World!
Today we shall discuss food. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Okay, I love a small handful of things and hate the rest. And I don't do potlucks. Buffets gross me out. I refuse to wait in a line for food - hence why I don't do potlucks. I have major issues eating in front of people. I don't like to eat other people's food in their homes. This list could go on and on. Two things I do LOVE?  Grilled cheese sandwiches and French fries and my go-to vacation food, cheese pizza and French fries. *I should add that I really like pineapple on my pizza, but when you go to quick-service places you pretty much just get to pick between cheese and pepperoni. *I should also add that contrary to popular belief I am not a cheese freak. I am pretty picky about how much cheese is in my sandwich and on my pizza.

Grilled cheese sandwich is my topic. I could eat them every single day (even multiple times a day) and not tire of them. Trust me, this is what I lived off of in college since I could get them at the dorm deli right outside my bedroom window. OMG, so good. If I go out for Chinese, I'll get the grilled cheese. Not on the menu? Tough. I'll still order a grilled cheese. Heck, when I go out for Mexican I get a cheese quesadilla which is essentially a grilled cheese!

Hard Rock Cafe will some times give you TWO sandwiches when you order it. Yep! Twice the yummy! (I shall note that it is twice the yummy because of the quantity - not the quality. For me, the Hard Rock it is more about the atmosphere than the food.)

Hard Rock Cafe - Orlando

The last one I had was made with the most delicious bread. It seemed sourdough in nature, with maybe a hint of garlic on the crust? Oh it was so good! And then there were 4 different types of cheese. FOUR! I remember cream cheese and goat cheese. Not sure what the other two were. I was concerned about the goat cheese, I'm not gonna lie, but mixed with the others it wasn't bad!

So today I ask you, what is your favorite way to make/order a grilled cheese sandwich? Do you have a particular restaurant that makes them the Best! We used to have a mom & pop place here in town and there's were the best I've ever had. They closed due to family things going on, and I've yet to recover.  What's your favorite cheese to go in yours? My favorite combo is sourdough bread with American cheese. Mmm, too good! Are you one of those that likes it with tomato soup? (Yuck.) Or are you a French fry fan like I am? Here's another quirk. If it is made with cheddar, I have to dip it into ketchup. That rule doesn't apply with American.


11 comments:

  1. Good grief I love food. That pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biker BoyJune 16, 2011

    The grilled cheese that you had was -
    Briar Rose Creamery goat cheese cream cheese, gruyere and cheddar on Cuban bread grilled with parmesan garlic butter. It sure looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, there was a place in vegas that made the BEST grilled cheese EVER! too bad we were too drunk to remember where this place way. the next time were were in vegas, we spent DAYS trying to find the deli. my husband thought it was at NYNY, i thought it was at the Wynn. sad to say we never found the deli, and never got to experience grilled cheese bliss. It was made with this thick bread, with two or three different cheeses, and bacon...OMG...best ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back when cheese and I were friends it was my go-to diner food. There was a diner by my college that suggested I put pickles in it. MIND BLOWING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. any toast will do as long as you spread the outside with land o lakes garlic better and you use pepper jack on the inside...amazing! love it spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! Bread and cheese - two of my fave foods and when you combine them - delicious!! This time it's your blog making me hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum... I love grilled cheese sandwiches! I do dip mine in tomato soup, but I prefer to top my grilled cheese sandwiches with applesauce. It's the perfect blend of sweet and salty.

    There was a cute cafe in my college town that served grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with tomatoes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know that I can't even make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning it??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here!! Probably best I can't cook them actually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 21, 2011

    I used to go to this place called Dave's Bar & Grille - you could get a grilled cheese sandwich AND steak fries for $0.99. NO joke. Now I think it's $1.99. Still a good deal.

    I've never tried making grilled cheese with strange cheeses - just american, cheddar, provolone, maybe swiss once but it doesn't melt well.

    Yes, I love grilled cheese with tomato soup, or french fries. Fries preferably - I mean anything with "fried" in the name is good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVEEEEE grilled cheese! If/when you ever come to NYC...there's a place that ONLY sells grilled cheese. I am nominating myself to bring you there, ok? :)

    I like 'funky' grilled cheese. Bobby's Burger Palace (aka...Bobby Flay's burger joint chain) has a goat cheese, brie, and bacon grilled cheese. YUM.

    If I'm at a diner or anywhere that serves the 'normal' grilled cheese, I always try to get it on rye bread.

    And I hate to say it...you totally lost me on the Disney pizza. :( I just can't get into it. Via Napoli pizza though? amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº