Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Official Seattle Photos

I managed to find myself in TWENTY official photos .... not that they are particularly flattering, but who cares. I mean I think we can all agree that it is generally not the case that we look like supermodels when we run, right?!? If I ever end up looking as awesome as Kara Goucher does when she runs, you can guarantee I'll be shoving those photos down your throats and maybe sending everyone some 8X10 glossies. But until then ... 

I can tell you exactly what is happening in this picture. I am death gripping my camera in my right hand, and I have my paper towels in my left. This is around mile 13. I have 1 tenth of a mile to go before I can throw up. I have picked up the pace - as is made known to me by how lopsided my boobs are in this shot. My mouth is closed because I am trying not to puke too early. There is a man a few paces ahead of me and his body odor is making me gag. I fought this for the last 5Kof the race. **I am happy I brought my paper towels to clean up with, but I never needed them this race!**

I have hit the finish line. Yippee!! The culprit of the body odor is now 4 people ahead of me. I end up having to pass him and push through the crowd quickly in a desperate attempt to find somewhere to puke. There are so many volunteers, photographers and runners that I can never find an adequate spot.

Half marathon number four is done! Hallelujah. I own the shirt the girl next to me is wearing. I kind of like my quad is this photo. I mean it looks like I might actually have some muscle to go with my chins.

In case you couldn't see all of my chins in that last photo, here's a closer shot of them! Seriously, I look like I gained 20 pounds over the course of this run, right?

Looking more like myself now in this one! Freaking happy to be done, getting an official photo and not carrying around a bag of vomit. .... (At the Eugene Half I never got my finisher photo because they had no garbage cans around for me to dispose of my disgusting little bag in my hand. I should have just posed with it. I mean who does that? Dang it. Next year!)

Tonight I'll hopefully have the REAL race report!

18 comments:

  1. Did you get them to coordinate your bib number colors with your shirt? You must really have some pull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl, lookin good! So happy for you.

    Photo with a vom bag?! hahaha. I have no words for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Super cute as always! I especially liked seeing what a finish line looks like with other people around. Its usually pretty empty by the time I get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love these!! I'm especially loving that first one - I totally do this janky thing with my head tilted exactly like that when I'm tired :D

    NICE quad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! You look great to me...sorry about the barfing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You totally rocked it.
    and YaY! for not puking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up! So glad you didn't get pukie in Seattle...(and glad I saw you in Eugene BEFORE you got onto the track!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 28, 2011

    You're crazy. There are no chins in this picture. Just one! I like your finisher's photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pics! you look kind of bored in the first picture....like, "really...13.1...pssshhhhh. is that all you got?" and yes, you should pose with your bag o' vomit next time. its kind of your signature right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your gang signs as you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OM GOSH!! You did it without puking!! Must have been a great meniere's day. LOVE that quad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo-hoo! and definitely nice looking quad girlie!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJune 28, 2011

    Those photos look great! I like the finisher photo with the medal the best. Congratulations, 4 halfs is quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJune 28, 2011

    Can I have my 8x10 autographed please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME PICS!! Love the bad ass finish pic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your race day outfit. I am so not color-coordinated!

    Again... I'm so glad you had no knee pain for this race. Woot!

    I dare you to pose for an official race photo holding a vom bag. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You never look you just ran a half, you are supermodelish even at the end. *JEALOUS* - love the outfit, and I can't imagine holding something in my hand at the end. I'd die.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY! Congrats on a non-puke finish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº