Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Overflowing Excitement!!

Perhaps because I signed up for this at the last possible minute, I'm not really sure of who all from the blogosphere will be running in Seattle on Saturday. I know for sure I'll be there (ya think?) along with Abby, EMZ and Stacie. Anyone else? 
In less than 24 hours I'll be getting shots into my leg/knee region. I'm surprising not even worried. A couple of years ago a golf incident (I believe it was probably the cartwheels I did down the fairway) made my whole back freak out. I ended up getting 17 trigger point injections into my back and 1 right through my stomach. Oh man did it feel good! So I am optimistic about tomorrow. I figure it can't make it any worse, right?

I'm not freaking out, as much, anymore. Biker Boy was a dear and felt guilt-tripped into offered to drive us. It probably is best. I mean I can do it, but then I'd sweat through all of my clothes and be unbearable to deal with. I have my driving directions ready, as well as my little touristy books with detailed maps and coupons. I'm totally ready to be the out of town girl just seeing the sights!

I may have staked out the floor plan for the expo. I wish I could see which vendors are in which booths, like we could see for the Princess Half, but I guess I have to wait until Friday morning when I'm there as soon as the doors open!

My weekend will consist of: expo, Hard Rock Cafe, walking to Pier 70 to see where the Real World was filmed back before it became a drunken sexfest all the time (Oh my gosh, I just sound so old now), Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, the Underground Tour and the Seattle Mariners baseball game. (I'll be running a half-marathon, too. I sort of forgot.) I have my binoculars sitting out, cameras are charging, the packing list is on the counter! Tonight I will charge and put a fresh new list on my iPod. Perhaps a grunge theme in honor of the 90's and Seattle?

There was some last minute packing at my house yesterday morning before my run. I wanted to test a new fuel bottle I picked up. I am running without my hand held this time. I just want to have my camera in my hands and nothing else. So I have this smaller bottle that is supposed to hook on my belt that I plan on putting some electrolyte stuff into. Early in the morning I couldn't get the attachment on. I thought I'd have to buy something at the expo. Have no fear - I fixed it during lunch today. I'm good to go! Tonight or tomorrow morning I'm running an easy 2 miles with that on and filled with water, just to test it out before race day.  I know you totally cared about that. 

I'm supposed to be hydrating. I'll get on that ASAP.

Basically I can't concentrate on anything. I'm so ready for this whole experience! My goals are the same - Finish. Just get through that finish line .... in time to see Everclear!

19 comments:

  1. YES!!! Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, yes yes yes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck this weekend....are you getting cortisone shots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He said it was better than cortisone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to do a post so I can get everyone's BIB #'s so I can track my peeps :) J and I will be leaving early Friday. I want to get to the Expo when it opens. It gets crazy there fast.

    Good luck with your knee. I hope mine behave for race #4. I've been lucky. Can't wait to see you. We need to exchange info so we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you are getting a ride. That will take stress away. Tell more about those shots after you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like too much fun! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited for you! I LOVE Seattle...at least I did the last time I was there 20 years ago. Ahh!! Have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Sounds like so much fun!

    I used to love Real World too. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 22, 2011

    Sounds like a fun weekend! Btw, Seattle is by far my favorite Real World season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a great race!!

    and im so jealous...havent been to Seattle yet but those are all the places I want to hit up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Seattle is great, enjoy! Have a great run and I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhhh - that was the "slap heard around the world" season

    you may have to reenact that and film it

    have a great race!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time in Seattle this weekend! Yes, I think you should dig out the flannel for the weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo!! Seattle here you come! Have a great race!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun weekend!!! Now go hydrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wasn't Seattle the first season of drama? When that guy slapped the girl? It all went downhill after that.

    Anyway. I'm glad you're excited. I think I'm finally getting there and if not, the expo will definitely do it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are too funny. You will have fun, and you will be just fine. And really, you need to get BB into a Utilikilt, at least for a photo op.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousJune 23, 2011

    Another person you may want to try to stalk, I mean find, while you're there: Scott Jurek. As in famous ultra runner, star of the book Born to Run, yeah, him.

    Check it out. If you meet him, get a PIC FOR ME! And one of you and Emz!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº