Thursday, June 16, 2011

Run #4.14 - It Was OK.

Super short post today about this morning's run. I woke up at 5am, finally rolled out of bed at 5:30. By 6:15am I was on my way for 3 miles. Nothing fabulous to report. I felt really good until about 2.3 miles in. I even ran up both of the hills on my path back to my house. AND no throwing up this time! Yippee!!

I did the 3 miles in 30 minutes which tells me my easy pace is speeding up. I was actually trying to slow myself down today, but obviously that didn't work very well.  The weather was just fantastic! A slight chill in the air, with the sun rising and pouring out onto all the grass that was surrounding me. Perfect conditions!

For Seattle I'm thinking I need to just go in with the plan to run a bit, then walk a bit, etc.... I've got to behave so that I can cross the finish line in one piece and not delirious from pain.  *Really I'm just excited about hitting the expo and then crossing the finish line. And taking photos. I'll be running with my camera for the first time since the Princess Half!*

Tonight I'll be foam rolling myself... And I'll be at the Country Club for the kick off mixer for the biggest golf tournament of the year. If I see my doctor there I might be brave and talk to him to see if he could even help me or if I need to go elsewhere. This golf tournament means I'll be doing a ton of walking this weekend, so I have decided to NOT run until Sunday at the earliest. My leg isn't happy at the moment - not terrible, but I do have it wrapped again. So I just need to ease off. Besides, I'll be too busy downing free pizza and drinks to even bother running!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 16, 2011

    I am probably late is telling you how much I like your new blog header. Fabulous! Good luck on your run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 21, 2011

    I'm thinking of running with my camera when I do RnR Providence in August. A girlfriend of mine who runs much slower than me is running it too, so I"m gonna stick with her.

    Definitely walk/run - not just for your leg, but really, did you pay that much for a race to NOT enjoy the music? I know I didn't!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº