Thursday, June 23, 2011

Run #4.16 - 300 Miles!

Today I go in for the doctor to miraculously heal my knee/leg. Before that I wanted one last run. Why? Well, I kind of hoped I'd be able to really pin point the spot that always hurts. Fortunately I had NO pain! The BIG reason I ran .... I was at 298.1 miles for the year. So now I have officially hit the 300 mile mark for 2011. This is huge for me, small for others. Last year I ran a whopping 321 miles total. I'm totally going to kick my own mileage ass in 2011 and I love it!!

I totally wore my retired bloody shoes to work today!
Last night I was up packing for Seattle and soaking in a bath with Epsom salt. I've been thinking and realized that after the Princess I refueled my body with salty foods and tequila. A few days later I had the grossest cankles ever!! I could barely walk and my feet were exploding out of my shoes. Last weekend I was hydrating with tequila (I should specify that I was having margaritas both times, not straight tequila) and eating pizza. Guess what happened.... I started swelling up AGAIN! So, the moral of the story is: No More Tequila! I shall fuel with rum from now on! ;)

While packing I realized it wouldn't hurt to do this last test run with my iFitness belt loaded up the way it will be on Saturday. I put my 2 Clif gel packs in one side, my phone in the other pocket, and hooked on the small Amphipod bottle I picked up a couple weeks ago. I filled the bottle with water so it would have weight to it like Saturday, and off I went. Happily it was all a successful experiment! The bottle stayed in tact and never bothered me.  My legs were great! I wanted to go slower, but finished the first mile in just over 10 minutes. Mile 2 was about 9:38 I think? I don't know the exact number, but I know it shocked me when I saw the final total! I like that I'm getting faster .... now if  I could get feel healthy enough to build back up the miles for the long runs. After all, just a month after the Seattle RnR I have the Lacamas Lake Half Marathon to run!

5 comments:

  1. LOL, nothing like a little tequila recovery. Good luck this weekend. I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh - I say go hard - go whiskey!

    Glad your run went well and congrats on the 300 miles!!!

    Kick some A this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck this weekend!! Remember to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! You crack me up! Definitely stick with rum from now on! :) Woohoo for 300!! You inspire me! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about scotch? That would be hardcore. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº