Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where Did She Go?

I'm alive. I'm here. Sort of.

I'm no longer on verdict watch. Ugh. Seriously, don't even get me started on that! Biker Boy can tell you - I've had my TV on HLN non-stop for weeks now. Nancy Grace and I are practically BFFs at this point. Now that it is over, like everyone else I am completely disgusted at the ridiculous outcome. And that's all I have to say about that. We did have the TV on during closing arguments at my mom's house, with my mom, aunt and I glued to it - until Baez bored me into a stupor. Anyway, my mom got to looking, brought out my step-dad's childhood toy and asked if we saw a resemblance. I think she might be right!


I haven't run since Saturday, so I'm getting kind of twitchy. I'm going to tonight. No matter how hot it is, I HAVE to go. This heat just drains me. I didn't sleep at all last night because I was too hot. Plus my cat was hogging the bed. I think she was just sprawling trying to cool off, too.

My mind is actually totally on Disneyland! (I have a half marathon before that, but does running around a lake compare to going on vacation to run??)  Yesterday I finished off my half marathon outfit. I shall be in my signature colors of red and black! My 5K outfit? Well, that is all up to the fabulous Rose. I can't help but giggle when I imagine what the two of us are going to look like while waddling through the two Disney parks!

I've been studying the official Disneyland Half program as well. I'm thinking I'll spend less time at this expo than I did in Seattle. I have rides to ride, popcorn to eat, stores to shop in. I can't spend forever listening to people try to sell me some weird bracelet that they claim will keep me balanced. Heck, having Meniere's Disease pretty much assures that I'll never be fully balanced (physically, of course). Then there is that beautiful Coast to Coast medal that I cannot wait to get my hands on! Coast to Coast girls - we HAVE to meet up for a post-race photo!!  We have less than 2 months - I figure I can start my countdown now, right? I should get to work on my packing list, too. So much to do, such little time. Perhaps I should resume running. That might be helpful.

So what about you? Any upcoming vacations or fun races you are looking forward to? Have you started your countdown? Were you on verdict watch?

16 comments:

  1. I was on verdict watch and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach when it came again. Me you and Nancy Grace call all be bffs. I am in utter disbelief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, there is a resemblance!! crazy verdict. OJ repeat unfortunately. I'm so jealous you are running at Disneyland. so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO....totally see the resemblance. She may have gotten away with it in the justice system, but the public will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching NG, too! She cracks me up when she gets all fired up about stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't watch one minute of the trial.

    As for races... no, I can't say I'm really looking forward to any right now. I am actually looking forward to my time OFF.

    But... I can't wait to see you at Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That verdict was ridiculous!
    I am totally in for the photo! I do not think 2 months to countdown is too long, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am livid, I've been watching the news on this ever since Caylee was 'missing'...I understand *why* on the verdict, but that doesn't make it right. Our justice system does not always work. I just keep telling myself that 'not guilty' and 'innocent' are two totally different things.

    Aaaaaanyway - I'm excited for you to go to Disneyland so I can read all about it and live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. still in shock over the verdict. so sad!

    im going to disney world next week. too bad its going to be too freakin HOT to run there. planning on all TM running while im there :(

    you are racking up some serious hardware chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say that I love your blog! As you know, I've been MIA (seems to be the case too often lately), and I'm just catching up. Love the running you are doing! Good luck on the next race. I've got my eyes on my itty bitty triathlon can't wait.

    Why am I not surprised about the verdict? Things are too effed up most of the time, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on verdict watch too! Can't believe it!! How much proof did that jury need? It's like they were watching a totally different trial. Where was their common sense? It's so tragic that there's no justice for Cayleee. Hopefully karma catches up to Casey just like it did with OJ. Love what Nancy Grace said last night, "The devil is dancing tonight." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no verdict watch for me. We dont do tv so all I've learned has been off blogs :)


    hope your run goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 06, 2011

    Thinking about running the TInkerbell at Disneyland so I can't wait to hear all about your run at the half. I too want the Coast to Coast medal. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cool blog, I'm a new follower. stop by mine too.

    http://candoitmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not happy about that case.

    You're racing at another disney thing soon? Cool! That would be FUN!
    I agree that sometimes the expos seem like same-old same old, but you will have lots of other stuff to do!

    It looks like summer finally hit here too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally shocked at the outcome, but I believe what goes around comes around. Casey Anthony will get what's coming to her.

    I'm looking forward to a quarter-marathon I'm running at the end of July, and then Ragnar is mid-August. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJuly 07, 2011

    I can't wait to not have to hear about the Casey Anthony case all over the news anymore.

    I'm jealous, I want to go to Disneyland in September. Tell Mickey hi for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº