Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All the Naked People + A Cavity Search

Good morning everybody!

Yesterday I went to the dentist. When the lady that does my teeth came to get me she said, "So last time I saw you you were getting ready for a big race (the Princess 1/2)." I said, "Yes, I was! Guess what I'm doing now? ... Getting ready for another big race!" She runs regularly as well, so I like having her in charge of me - we get to have fun conversations! Anyway, after my x-rays and cleaning I am happy to report my gums are looking good and I am still 100% cavity free!

My day yesterday was hectic. I was never at my desk really. First the dentist, then a website committee meeting to end the day. It seems that being in a confined room with a VERY loud talker (with a major hint of A.D.D.) and a lot of air conditioning, then going outside to my car where the thermostat said 100º immediately triggered a migraine. Lovely. By the time I got home I could barely see. It was one of those strange ones where your vision gets all weird and you can't focus and you want to just rub your eyes constantly until it goes away - and then when you can see again the pain comes. Fortunately this only seems to happen about once a year. So anyway, no run for me last night. I was really disappointed - I will try to do it tonight though. I couldn't sleep at all. It was way too hot. I kept moving around the house looking for the coolest place to try to sleep. Never worked.

Still dripping wet!
At 5:15am my alarm went off. Yay, I was so excited! I slowly got out of my bed, my feet hit the floor and the stabbing pain started. I ignored it. I was too antsy to get to swim class! So I put on my suit, brushed my teeth, grabbed a granola bar and hit the road. The man at the main counter was very nice and chatted with  me for a while as he took my photo for my ID in the system. Great - I probably look horrible. I have NO clue when he actually took the picture. As soon as I walked into the locker room one of the ladies said, "Oh good, you decided to come back!"  Quickly put everything away, rinsed off and got myself in the pool with my weights. Then I just floated on them a bit and closed my eyes. Let me say this - if you ever have a migraine, but still want to exercise, water aerobics is the sport for you!

I would say I did pretty darn good today. I'd give myself an A-. I have some spots I could improve on, but throughout the whole class the teacher kept telling me I was doing it all perfectly! I did suck with the noodle at the end. I couldn't figure out how to get my foot on it without having it come up and goose me. I'll get it eventually. At least I gave us all a good laugh. Through the whole class I kept trying to do everything the best way I could, but also making it harder - for example pushing my weights underwater for more resistance versus leaving them on top of the water. Let me tell you - I can feel it! My arms have a lovely soreness, as well as my hamstrings!

The thing that was different today .... all the naked people. The Beatles song Eleanor Rigby came to mind while I was in the locker room ... with altered lyrics.  "All the naked people, Where do they all come from?" I mean they were everywhere. One woman was just walking all over the place (dry, not like she just got out of the shower and was going to dress herself), not a single thing on, and not a care about it. I turned to leave my locker and saw a naked lady butt bent over and just staring at me. I pretty much immediately shut my eyes and scurried out. I'm such a freaking prude sometimes! So today's locker room photo happened outside of the YMCA instead of inside!

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for water aerobics. I'm thinking of adding that certification to my personal training cert.

    What IS with all the nudity in the locker room? At least don't bend over in front of me is all I really ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about old ladies and the nude locker room walking around. My favorite is when they come up to you, still completely nude of course, and start chatting you up without a care in the world. Great job on the water aerobics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get the nakedness in the locker room either! Ok, I understand if you're standing by your locker after a shower and need to change out of a towel into clothes. I'll allow you (or I) to be naked for the 15 seconds it takes to put a bra and underwear on. But to wander around to let it all air out? No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, the naked lady was an example of the bad locker room etiquette I warned you about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. got to love the old saggy naked ladies. zero tact. say whatever the crap they want.

    I want to be old so I can use my age as an excuse for my mouth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whats weird is that i've been reading on so many DIFFERENT blogs over the past 2 weeks about the surplus of naked people in locker rooms- must be people super excited that school started again?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw my naked lady when I was in Japan. Apparently, when using the onsen (hot spring) you have to be completely naked. I walked in to "check it out" and BAM! Saw a 20-something, boobs and hair and all. I am such a prude. I don't remember being one some 15 years ago.

    Our bedroom is upstairs, so with the "hot air rises" theory, it gets really hot. I was searching for a cool room to sleep last night too. My migranes are usually triggered by sleeping in warm rooms (anything over 70)and dehydration. I get the funky vision thing. Sometimes my hearing gets a little funky too. A dark cold room and painkillers work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I occasionally get migraines and they're the worst thing in the world. The aura makes me feel like I'm going blind, and once I can see, then the painful headache kicks in. I hope that the effects of your migraine didn't last long.

    I'm also quite "prudish" when it comes to nudity in the locker room. Sometimes I wish I could just tell those women to cover themselves with a towel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!! I know - what's up with the nudity in the locker room?

    Good job on the water aerobics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº