Monday, August 29, 2011

I Just Really Love the Noodles.

Only 7 hours after finishing my 5 mile run last night I was up, putting on my suit and heading to the YMCA for more water aerobics. The class was smaller again. I like it that way I've decided. Before getting into the pool I talked a lot with our instructor - mostly about Disneyland and how it is this week and basically just excited babble!

Today was a lot of arms and abs. Perfect! We brought out our horse noodles in the deep end and reclined on them like a hammock. Then from that position we did sit ups. It felt really good! We also did the underwater jumping jacks that I liked so much from day 1 and some deep water running. By the end of class I could really feel the ab work and my arms were burning. I like how the instructor mixes it up all the time. We start and end with the same warm up/cool down routine, but our things in the middle have been varied  and tweaked so it is always fresh to me - of course I've only been 4 times, but still I've loved all that we have done. 

Leaving the pool area I ran into a lifelong friend's mom. It is nice recognizing people .... especially when they are in clothes! Which leads me to this:



Changing rooms. They are there. They exist. Full privacy. So, um ..... WHY DO I SEE BARE NAKED ASSES BENT OVER IN MY FACE ALL THE TIME??  Oops, ignore that. Today wasn't bad on the nudity scale at all. Phew!  I'm such a kid, I swear. 

Tomorrow I'll be going back for my first day of weights all on my own. It will be hard to go in, smell the pool area and NOT go swimming. But I am excited to try some new things and help out my pathetically wimpy body a bit!

3 comments:

  1. Some people like to force other people to stare at their naked bodies I guess? Ug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i hate weights too. i could be doing so many other fun things besides lifting things up and putting them down!

    you HAVE to get someone to take a picture during your noodle horse exercise!!!!! this definitely requires photographic documentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I'm glad you are training at the Y for your big half this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº