Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Run #6.1 - Disneyland Half Begins ºoº

Welcome to round SIX of half marathon training! With 33 days until the race, I figured it was time to start training. That hiatus that I said I was going on .... I DID! And it felt GREAT! I kept thinking of running, but had to accept that my ankle was still sore from the last half marathon .... as well as my left ass cheek (that is the technical term, right?) So after my longest non-running break ever (I think) I was back at it. Plus, I got this lovely message from Daily Mile, so I knew it was time to get both of my ass cheeks in gear.



My run started at 9pm after it had cooled down. I figured it would be best to just run later and have a better quality run than try to go right after work and then melt and do horrible. I'm glad I went with this option. I started running and had to do a triple-take at my Garmin. 8:38?? What? Seriously? I knew then that my legs were ready for a little round of speed-work. So make-it-up-as-you-go-along speed work is what I did! No pain, just a lot of sweat and determination. I finished off 2 miles in 19 minutes. That is 9:30 minute mile pace! And that is unheard of for me!

What made me go so fast? I had major inspiration this time. It wasn't visions of crossing the Epcot finish line or running through Cinderella's Castle. It wasn't being in Disneyland and running through California streets. It was visions of my 4th race in September. (Yeah, I'm sneaking in 4 races in a 17 day period!) My fourth race is the one that means the most and I'll probably do every year. If you'd read my blog even once you know I have a certain running idol that I will never get to meet. You might also know that I met his sister. Next month I will most likely be back telling you how I met my idol's MOM! Oh yeah, that's how I roll. I swear they are going to adopt me any day now. I'm fully prepared to change my last name ... I mean it would still be German after all!

And in other news, Disneyland bib numbers are out! I'm 4164 for the half marathon and 2796 for the 5K. And I'm super excited!!!!

AND I was shopping with my mom last night and I found this.... shoes named after ME! They even spelled my name right. Woohoo! (I didn't buy them, but I did at least put one on to say I wore my shoe.)


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe bibs are out already!! YIKES!! Awesome pace on the run too! :) (oh and that lil popup never showed up this time haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome run. Sounds like your legs needed that little break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Great run!! I can't believe you are doing 4 races in September!

    So, on my walk tonight two guys rode past me in OSU cycling jerseys and I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man... I haven't logged into Daily Mile since February I think..

    can't wait to read about your Disneyland race!

    and the elusive They say you should take a week off of working out every several months so it sounds like that's all you needed..a lil break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME RUN!!! I dream of having a pace like that, maybe one day when I grow up....

    I am a little worried that your head might explode form excitement if you get to meet his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still waiting to see a shoe named Richelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº