Sunday, August 14, 2011

Run #6.4 - Mentally I Needed This

I'm still MIA .... but I did manage to somehow end up outside running yesterday!  I missed it so much and was feeling just all around blah. I feel like in this last week I've gained 25 pounds. I'm frustrated that I can't even walk a few feet without grabbing on to something for stability, so obviously running is nearly impossible right now. 

Yesterday morning I woke up early with a list of things I wanted to accomplish for the day. That list didn't even have running on it. I thought maybe putting on a running skirt would make me feel better. And it did. Next thing I knew it was a sports bra and running shirt. Naturally my socks felt like they should be on, which just forced me to put on  shoes. I was shocked when I realized I really was outside ready to run.

And run it was I did!  Physically this wasn't anything to brag about. Two miles, non-stop, in 20 minutes. I felt on top of the world when it was finished! I just HAD to get that run in to maintain some sanity and to try to wash out all these thoughts of how I feel like a little Stay Puft Marshmallow girl. 

The run itself was rather humorous. (I can't always laugh at what Meniere's Disease does to me - especially this week. Since 2003 when all of this started, I am in probably one of the top 3 worst spells of it. And it will NOT stop. ARG!!!)  Anyway, when I get really dizzy, aside from slurring and stuttering, I always drift right. So the entire run I was trying to not be part of the landscaping lining people's homes. I kept getting stuck in that groove where the road and the sidewalk meet. Once I hit two miles and started to walk home, oh my gosh - I don't know how I managed to run. I was all over the place, but mostly crashing to the right. I guess I have to laugh at it because in the scheme of things, drifting right isn't a big deal. I'd take that over the hearing loss from earlier this week. Yeesh!


Oh a side note, I was organizing my running clothes today. I had to do some moving around and get some movable drawers (from the dorm room section of the store) to hold my socks, compression/arm sleeves and sports bras. While sorting through skirts I counted19! Nineteen ... PLUS there are 2 in the mail heading to me right now. Ay carumba! I better get back to steady running soon to put these things to use!

I did attempt to run today. I went 4/10ths of a mile. I hope to have another post later about the remaining 7 and 6/10ths that I want to accomplish today!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy you were able to get out there and run, if "only" two miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had that many running skirts!! I just have one. But it is my new favorite item! I want MILLIONS now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, I am so glad you got that skirt on and ran! I am sorry for what you have to go through to do it, but i can imagine how much better you feel afterwards.
    I hope the meniere's eases up on you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, you! You're inspiring me to do better -- I was a little tired this morning and didn't want to go out (I did)... but running through the drifting. Yow. Do be careful though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you were able to get out there, I can't imagine how frustrating dealing with this spell. BIG HUGS!

    As for the running skirts, I have to be honest, I'm uber JEALOUS! One day I'll man up and wear skirts but I'm not sure I'll be able to get a collection as awesome as yours together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to get a run in! :) Hopefully this is the start of the end of the dizziness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº